Chapter 32.

-

-

-

-

Maddie's POV

As I make my way into the room where the indoor pool is in, I realize that I'm suddenly getting cold so I wrap my towel around my petite body to keep me warm.

I open the see through doors slowly, smiling once I set my eyes on Jack who's scrolling down through his phone.

"Hey! Hot stuff," I laugh to catch his attention. "Ready to swim?"

"That uhm, that looks really good on you?" He chuckles at his own awkwardness and I'm glad because if he hadn't I'd probably be laughing alone and it would come out as being rude, which I am most of the time but no one has to put it out there, right?

"Thanks." I giggle while grabbing his wrist and making him stand up.

"Woah, I see you like swimming?" He smirks.

"I do, but spending time with you sounds pleasant." I say rather sarcastically even though I didn't mean to.

He doesn't answer, instead he pushes me into the pool which results in me screaming like a walrus and my body hitting the warm water in an uncomfortable position. As I swim up, I can hear Jack laughing his guts out, I'll get him back.

"Maybe you shouldn't have done that." I say through grifted teeth, which only makes him laugh even more. Oh how cute, he thinks I'm kidding.

I get out of the pool as fast as I can and run towards him, which makes him fall since it wasn't expected. Then I start punching him, but not too hard, the idiot kept laughing his ass off.

"Stop laughing!" I groan, getting off of him since I was getting me nowhere.

"You screamed like a lama." He says through muffled laughs.

I decide to ignore him until he calms himself down. I get in the pool again, occasionally giggling at Jack's loud laugh and the fact that my scream was actually funny. I start swimming under water back and forth through the length of the pool. I was so into keeping my breathing at a comfortable pace that I didn't notice when Jack stopped laughing, so I looked over at where I had left him only to meet his blue eyes looking right back at mine.

"What?" I laugh, trying not to make things awkward.

"I bet I could swim faster than you." He challenges and I laugh dryly at him.

"For your information, sir, I was in the swimming team all four years of high school." I lie right through my teeth. "As well as cross country and softball." Now that wasn't a lie.

"Uh athletic!" He sarcastically says. "I did basketball, football, soccer, volleyball, bowling, lacrosse and track!"

"You didn't say swimming! I win." I laugh. "You're allowed to die now."

"I did say swimming!" He says as he jumps in the pool and approaches me.

"No, you didn't." I giggle.

"Oh really?"

He grabs me by the waist, pulling me up and throwing me in the water, allowing me to swallow a whole ocean and water to come up my nose. I gasp loudly as I make my way to the surface, but I don't get to scowl him or get him back because my eyes travel to a figure standing behind the clear crystal doors.

Harry.

Jack looks confused at first but as soon as he looks where I'm looking realization hits him. "Are you guys together?"

"I don't even know, to be honest." I shake my head, getting out of the pool and leaving a confused Jack behind.

I make my way towards the door and open it, just to close it behind me right away.

"Harry, wh-"

"What were you guys doing?" He cuts me off, not looking angry or sad.

"Swimming?"

"Why?"

"He told me that I seemed stressed and he wanted me to relax so he showe-"

"I don't like him! I told you how I didn't trust him and you went in a fucking pool with him looking like, that.." Remember how I said he didn't look angry, yeah.

"If you're going to ask me questions to not let me even answer them, then don't ask me anything at all." I snap, getting annoyed at his jealousy.

"I'm sorry," he shakes his head and my eyes widen. "I just don't like the idea of finding my girlfriend having quality time with Jackass in a pool."

"Girlfriend?" I whisper. I don't even know what we are anymore, we never came to terms, but I should've expected him to still think we were together.

"You're my girlfriend." He firmly says. "We never broke up, I told you I didn't cheat." He defends himself. "You said you believed me?"

"I do, I do, I'm sorry." I apologize.

"So girlfriend?" He urges on and I laugh unexpectedly, slightly smacking his chest.

"Yes, idiot."

He leans in and pecks my lips, it was fast and barely a kiss but it still didn't stop me from feeling like I was on cloud nine. I had missed his lips against mine.

"So how about you tell Jackass that you're going out with your boyfriend and then go change?" He smirks, knowing I would scowl him for saying that.

"Stop calling him Jackass! He's really nice." I frown, him mirroring me but he doesn't say anything.

As I'm about to turn around and go tell Jack that I had to leave, I bump into a hard chest and as I look up I realize that there really was no reason to go back in there because Jack was standing right in front of me.

"Ready to go back in the pool, babe?" He smirks as he kissed me on the cheek.

I completely froze right then and there, Harry'll think I was lying, I can only imagine the things that boy will do in the next couple of seconds.

If only I could bury myself six feet underground right this moment so I didn't have to go through this.

A/N:

This is short but yeah I needed to study for a test :c

-DONT FORGET TO VOTE.