Chapter 17.

Can I be Maddie because damn

-

-

-

"What are you doing, daddy?" Six year old me hesitantly questions, making her tiny hands turn to right fists and shutting her eyes closed until you could see barely forming wrinkles around the edges.

"Don't worry, I'm just playing with my favorite little daughter," My father mumbles. He looks like he did 12 years ago, blonde hair and bright blue eyes, fair skin and extremely tall.

"Mandy?" Little me looks around the room, trying to spot her, I know she's here somewhere, she's always here when this happens.

"Mandy?!" I scream when I feel slight discomfort, why isn't she helping me? My father was hurting me.

This is the weirdest feeling, I can't seem to help myself, I can't help miniature me get away from the grasp of my father, who is hurting me. He's hurting me emotionally, physically and mentally. I just stand there, in my old room watching myself as a little girl on my bed, legs spread apart whilst screaming hysterically for my sister who just seems to be in shock, staring wide eyed at the scene before her. Why won't she stop it? Why can't I stop it?

My father is molesting me.

I turn around and frantically sit up. I'm trying to take deep breaths to control my breathing but it's not working in my favor.

That was the most horrid dream I've ever had, no. It was the most horrendous nightmare anyone on this planet could possibly have. It seemed so realistic that my heart is practically making it's way out of my body through my throat and out my mouth.

I run to the bathroom, covering my mouth so I don't make a disgusting mess around the hotel. I bent down as soon as I reach the toilet and let it all out. Everything I ate was all gone, until only a throat burning acid was the only thing left.

My father would have never even have the thought of hurting his child that way, there is no way on earth. He was a good man. He is in jail for something unknown to myself but I know it could not be this that he's in jail for, it was just a nightmare for God's sake.

I wash my face and brush my teeth to get the disgusting taste out of my mouth. The nightmare keeps running on my mind like a broken record and images on my father touching my small petite fragile body make me shake in fright every single time.

It feels kind of like when I was a little girl, when I used to have those nightmares about my mum living me at some kind of restaurant on my own, kind of like abandoning me. I used to wake up covered in sweat and tears running down my cheeks uncontrollably.

But I'm not little girl anymore, this was just a terrible nightmare. This happens all the time, people have bad dreams just because that's how the human brain works. I'm overreacting, my father would have never done that to me.

I walk over to my kind sized bed, fully awake now. I take my phone in my hands to check the time but a message prevents me to, it's Harry.

From: The Harold

-Excited to go to Michigan? (: xx

To: The Harold

-You bet I am.

•••••

I woke up to the ringing on my phone. I honestly don't even know how or when I fell asleep, that nightmare was horrid, terrifying and just cruel. Though I can't remember exactly everything that happened, I do know my father was molesting me which is absurd.

I grab my phone from the night table and pick it up without looking at the ID caller, since my eyes where closed.

"Hello?" My groggy voice rings through the phone.

"Did I wake you?" Harry says and I can practically see the smirk on his face through the phone.

"Yes, Harold." I groan but smile anyway, all my intriguing thoughts from earlier long gone.

"Well good, because I want to go to breakfast before we leave." He breaths.

"That sounds so good right now," I agree while giggling like an idiot.

"Okay I'll pick you up in an hour, is you luggage ready?"

"I'm only bringing a carry-on, it's just for 3 days anyway," I shrug my shoulders even though he can't see me.

"Oh right, you're not like other girls," He chuckles. "In a good way." He hurriedly adds.

"My Harold," I sing. I hear his laugh through the phone which makes me laugh as well. "Well if you want me to get ready you better hang up because I ain't gonna go it," I sassily say.

"Okay, I'll do it for the vine." He's accent is extremely strong as he says this and I get red for some reason, blushing is like an everyday thing for me.

"Bye Harry," I giggle and wait until he hangs up, which he doesn't do. "Harry?"

"Oh, yeah I'm sorry. Bye Maddie," He nervously laughs and hangs up seconds after.

---

"Have you ever been on a plane before?" Harry asks as he buckles himself on his sit.

"Of course Harry," I roll my eyes at him but smile through my nervousness anyway, not because of the plane, but because of what Amanda has to tell me.

"You seem nervous," He whispers.

"I am, I want to know what Mandy has to tell me." I nod.

"Do you think it's bad?" He asks me.

"I have no idea," I shake my head.

The whole flight consists of us watching 'mean girls' and listening to old music until we fall asleep.

*^*^*******]**[*]^^[*]^\€!]*[

A/n:

GUYS READ MY SHORT STORY "DEFINE ME"

IM POSTING ALL CHAPTERS TODAY BC IF I DONT YOU GUYS WILL FORGET ALL ABOUT THE LAST CHAPTER SINCE THEY ARE SO SHORT.

LIKE SERIOUSLY YOU WILL FINISH THE WHOLE THING IN LESS THAT 5 MINUTES LOL BUT I LIKE IT :-))

Vote

And follow my account 💗