Chapter 35.

GIF of Jack and Maddie.//

-

-

-

-

When I'm brought back to reality, the first thing I notice is how much my eyes are burning and how amusing it is to actually being able to imagine how swollen they are. Then I notice how my lips are incredibly chapped and I'm too slow on licking them, but when I do, it tastes like absolute crap and it disgusts me to the fullest.

After at least five minutes on trying to remember why my eyes were swollen and everything hit me all at once, I also realized I wasn't lying on my bed alone.

Jack was peacefully sleeping right next to me, his face facing me. His lips were slightly parted and the freckles on his nose and cheeks were more noticeable, he looked attractive. Like, really attractive.

But then I remember him, and what he had said, and how my day actually went yesterday. From going for a swim with Jack, from him coming to pick me up and bringing me out to eat - which we never got to do - and to the truth being spit right on my face.

Everything comes back to him.

Knowing that my own father had molested me didn't impact me as much as I thought it would. First of all, I never really had any kind of close relationship with the man, it's like he's a total stranger. Then, I don't remember anything, I don't remember him touching me in any kind of way, which makes it a little bit better I guess.

I'm not pressing any charges though, the man is already in jail anyway. Why make him pay for something that he did to me, but I don't even remember? It makes no sense to me at all.

Anyway, after all these thoughts and occasionally looking at Jack's sleeping face like the creep I seem to be, I decide to get up and look for Selena. But before I could actually go and look for her, leave the room even, I remember that I have a meeting with Simon today.

I'm such an idiot!

By the sudden loud groan I make as I realize this, I wake up Jack, which of course causes me to groan again. "G'morrow?"

"What's up with the Shakespeare talk?" He says in his morning voice. Oh God, that is one se- no, stop it Maddie.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." I smile apologetically at him.

"S'alright." He smirks while laying back down and staring at the ceiling. "Why are you up anyways."

"I kind of forgot I had a meeting with Simon." I mumble.

"What time?"

"Two." I sigh.

"Well then you better get ready because you've got thirty minutes or less." He mocks while pointing at the wall mirror above the door and I mentally curse at myself while locking myself in the bathroom to get ready.

I strip down and step in the shower, not caring about the mess of my hair and how the clothes I was previously wearing are scattered around the bathroom floor. I wash my hair as fast as I can, not really caring what type of shampoo I pick to use.

By the time I'm done taking a shower, I feel refreshed but I also feel like I took fifteen minutes so I move even faster, if that's even possible. I step out of the bathroom, looking around for Jack. It's not that I don't want him to be here, it's just that I'm naked under this towel.

"Jack? Are you still here?" I take a few more steps forward.

"I'm here," He says from the other side of the door. "I didn't want to leave without telling you so, but I also didn't want to see something you wouldn't be okay with so, yeah." He chuckles.