Chapter 19.

GIF of Amanda aka "Mandy"

-

-

-

-Harry POV-

If Amanda keeps loudly sobbing like this, Maddie will definitely wake up. It's not that I don't care about what's gotten Amanda so frustrated and broken but I can't help but be worried about how Maddie will react when she sees her sister in this emotional state.

I've been trying to stop her, trying to let her know that I am fine with telling Maddie what ever she wants me to. If she's not strong enough to tell her something that had happened, then I will do it for her. Like a favor, you could say. She looks like she needs it anyway.

"Mand-I mean Amanda," I close my eyes tight at my mistake and she stops crying. "Are you ready to tell me?"

"You can call me Mandy," She nods.

"Oh okay," I nod and smile, hoping she will smile back but she still keeps the frown on her face.

She takes a deep breath and blinks a couple of times. She sits up and puts her forearms and hands on the table, then she starts playing with her fingers and finally opens her mouth to let the holden words out.

"Okay, first of all, promise me that you won't leave Madisen after I tell you this," I wonder what could be so bad as to actually make me want to leave Maddie, that won't happen, no matter how bad this is. I nod to let her know I won't and she takes yet another deep breath.

"It was twelve years ago the last time it happened, I was only eight years old. I was told not to tell anyone, I knew it was wrong, completely wrong. I'm wasn't stupid. But I was too scared to say something. He was, he was someone who even a grown adult would be scared of, in my case, I was utterly terrified of him. He was my father for God's sake, I shouldn't be scared of him! But I was, and so was she,"

Tears are uncontrollably running down her cheeks now, silent tears. I'm so confused, even more than I was before which I didn't know was possible.

"He never did it to me though, I still don't know why he always locked me in the room with them too. I don't know, sometimes I think it's because he thought I would go tell mom if it was happening right at the moment. He always told me he was just teaching Maddie the ways of life, yes. Of course he was, wasn't he. He certainly was, what an idiotic asshole,"

She sounds angry now, like the words coming out of her mouth are burning her throat and braking every part of her that isn't already broken. By every spit of word vomit that leaves her mouth I am left more confused and more impatient to know what she's getting to, but sadly I know if I dare to interrupt her, she'll start sobbing again and that'll just take more time, and could possibly wake Maddie up.

"The first time he did it, she was only two years old," she pauses to inhale a shaky breath, "Mom was home, she was in the living room, watching some Portuguese beauty pageant thing no one understood. He didn't plan for me to know what he'd been doing, he didn't at all, but he had no choice since he had been caught by his own daughter, I was only five, I didn't know he had been hurting her. It was her muffled cried that had made me go check on her. She wasn't on her crib, and I didn't want to call mom because I wanted to feel like a big sister, a real big sister. Not just holding the milk bottle whenever she was hungry, but actually carry her and take care of her, ironic huh? I didn't even try to stop him, I just kind of....watched."