Chapter 38.

-

-

-

-

"I am so worried," I mumble while gathering my bags and getting ready to say my greetings to strangers.

"They're just people Maddie," Jack chuckles.

"Yeah, people that I don't know!" I raise my hands. "What if they've heard things about me, like that one time the media said I got chlamydia from Macklemore, oh God."

"Calm down," He laughs out loud this time. "I'm a hundred percent sure they just know your name, and that you sing."

Then he pulls me inside, followed by a grunt from me and causing my bags to just fall on the front porch of the rather big mint house. It kind of reminds me of [1] Paige, she always used to ramble about loving the color mint and how it looked good with the color of her skin.

Now that I really think about it, I haven't even spoken to my friends since I moved to California. I have absolutely no idea what they've been up to, they probably think I'm a bîtch and that I've changed, but then again, maybe I have. And because of this, I'm calling Paige tonight, I need to rebuild my life as soon as possible.

There's no way I'm letting Harry make me forget about the good that I could possibly have in my life. No way.

"Guys?" Jack yells as he enters the house without knocking, me being pulled behind him. "Guys?!"

"Jack stop screaming, dammit." I whisper.

"Guys!" He screams once again and I roll my eyes, seconds later widening them as I see a man with a big smile coming towards us.

"You know, you could've just waited until I could get up and no yell like a maniac," The man laughs.

"I missed you," Jack chuckles as he hugs the man and I'm left to just awkwardly stare at the lamp behind them."

"Well, who's this?" The man says as he points at me.

"This is Madisen, my uhm, very close friend." Jack responds for me with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Nice to meet you, Madisen." He smiles. "I'm Jackson, the oldest of all six."

"You can call me Maddie," I smile back, trying not to act surprised about he being the oldest out of six children, I repeat, six god damn babies.

"Well, then Maddie it is." He chuckles.

"Can we just get to the other guys already?" Jack jokingly grunts.

"Alright, follow me." Jackson chuckles with a shake of the head, and then he follow him.

-

"Guys, guys! Listen, you're like what? A hundred years old already, there's no way we're playing man hunt with you." Jack laughs and I join him even though I shouldn't.

"Oh c'mon, live a little." I giggle.

Just as Jackson was about to suggest something, someone's phone rings and I'm quick to recognize it as Jack's ring tone. "Be right back guys." He says, and then he disappears into the kitchen.

Jack's POV

"Hello?" A hoarse voice chokes out and a million names come to mind as I try to figure out who this person might be.