Chapter 16

Fionna's P.O.V

The nurse lead me to the bed side of the Prince.

I turned to open my backpack and whispered," Don't attack him Marshall Lee. He already thinks I know something about what attacked him."

"Fine, I won't hurt this precious Prince," he said.

I smiled and closed my backpack. Prince Gumball looked better than he did at the treehouse, but he still looked worn out. His left eye was swollen, the left side of his face was bruised and blue actually. I could tell that he was tired from the dark circles underneath his eyes. There was a minister right next to him with a needle that was in his arm. His wrist was wrapped up in some white cloth, just like the one that's across my stomach. I touched my stomach and felt the texture of the cloth. Tight and rough, but it felt comfortable now. Now all I have to do is heal. Gumball looked at me and smiled.

"I've been waiting for you Fionna. See, what happened to me today has shown me what people can do," he said.

"Um. Like what?" I asked.

"You see, I know what attacked me and why it attacked me," he said.

Oh no, he knows that Marshall Lee was in the house.

"This thing was not any thing. It was the vampire that attacked my candy people and I know why it was in your house," he said.

I took a deep breath, what is he going to do to Cake and I?

"You said that you saw this vampire before, right Fionna?" He asked.

"Yes, Cake and I saw this vampire before I got sick. Now I am ready to go out there again," I told Prince Gumball.

"Well, I know it was in your house before I got there," he said.

I was nervous and afraid.

"Fionna, you trust me, right?" He asked.

"Oh course I do! There isn't a reason why I shouldn't trust you," I replied.

"Well, trust me when I say this, but that vampire was in your house because it wanted to kill you," he said.

I was surprised he said that. I left out a fake gasp.

"Really!?" I asked.

"Yes, when the vampire saw you as a threat it wanted to destroy you so it didn't have to deal with you. When it saw me talking about it, that just set it off. It attacked me instead of you. I am glad I was there so you didn't get attacked, but for now on you and Cake will stay at the Candy Kingdom," he said.

"But.." I said.

"It an order. I don't want you to get hurt," Gumball said.

"Ok," I said.

"Now, I had the people of my kingdom clear out to two rooms for you and Cake. They are on the second floor, when you climb up the stairs the two rooms will be on your right, and there suppose to be the 3rd and 4th rooms on your right," he said,"Go get what you need quickly and please be in the rooms by 7 o'clock."

"Ok, thanks Gumball. That's really nice of you," I said.

"No problem," he said smiling.

I got up and walked to the door. I turned around, waved at Prince Gumball, and he waved back. I closed the door behind me hearing a click.

"Well," Cake said.

"He doesn't know about Marshall Lee being friends with us," I whispered to Cake.

"Oh thank goodness. Well now we need to go home," she said.

"Yeah. About that, we have to stay in the Candy Kingdom to be protected. Prince Gumball's orders," I told Cake.

"Ugh, but I want to go to our house and relax," she said.

"Well, we need to go home and grab our stuff. Then we come back here," I said.

"Ok," she said.

"It won't be that bad, well only stay there for a few days," I said to Cake as we walked out of the Candy Kingdom.

"I guess you're right," Cake said.

We walked into the forest and headed toward our house.

"You can come out now, Marshall Lee," I said.

Marshall Lee opened up my backpack and flew put of the backpack. Turning into his normal self, he walked right next to me.

"While I was in your backpack I took off those ridiculous clothes," he said.

"Yeah, they are pretty weird looking," I said.

When soon as we saw the treehouse Cake jumped up excitedly and ran to the house. She opened the door and closed it behind here.

"So, you're staying in the Candy Kingdom for a few days," he said to me.

I almost forgot he was in my green backpack when I was talking to Prince Gumball.

I said to him," Yeah. Do you want to saw with Cake and I at the Candy Kingdom? To, you know. Stay away from your mom, not trying to seem rude or anything."

"Staying with the kitty and the crazy girl to stay away from my psychotic mom. Hmm. I don't know. But that does seem like an adventure. Why not," he said smiling.

"Cool. Do you need anything?" I asked him.

"All I need is my guitar," he said.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Well, maybe some new clothes and all that stuff, but other than that I am good. I can go get those things later," he replied.

"Ok, by the way, I wanted to ask you something," I said.

"Yeah," he said.

"Well you know those pills you gave me. I was wondering if those pills are magic because my skin is healing a lot fast than usual and it doesn't hurt anymore," I said pointing to my side.

"Yes. They were magic. They are better than any normal pain killer out there, they help people get better faster. Even though they have dangerous side effects. It seems like you didn't have any of the listed side effects, so that's good," he said.

Everything seemed ok. Nothing was going crazy, but we still had to go to the Candy Kingdom. Where we have to stay for the next couple of days. I don't know how I am going to deal with that, but I'll fine out soon enough.