Chapter 9

Fionna's P.O.V

Now I was panicking. He was he doing or is he hurt? I pounded on the door and yelled to get Marshall Lee's attention. Please open up this door. I looked around for a key or something to help me open up the door. I try to forget my pain in my side so I look around. Then I put my hands up and reach up to the door frame. I felt something small and cold. I grabbed the object and found out it was a small silver, old key. That really shocked me to find a key because I thought that I wouldn't find one. I put the key in the door and opened up the door. Marshall Lee was laying down, looking like he was dead.

"Marshall Lee!" I exclaimed.

I went towards him and he turned his head around, with the anger out of his eyes.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

He didn't respond at first, he just laid his head back down. I grabbed his body and made him look at me. He looked normal.

"Fionna?" he asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"What happened?" Marshall Lee asked.

"Well you took some pills and you changed into a completely different person," I replied.

"Oh, you saw that? I think I overdosed on those pills, that never happens until I have more than one pill. I don't know why I took more than one pill, but my thirst is now under control," he said.

Marshall Lee sat up and leaned up against the wall. He looked up and down at me.

" I think it's best if you get all that blood off of you," he said in a serious voice.

" Yeah, I think you're right. Besides, being covered in your on blood isn't really fun," I said laughing a little.

He smiled and stood up. He walked me to the bathroom across from his bedroom.

"I need my backpack. Do you have it?" I asked Marshall Lee.

He nodded and went downstairs to go grab my backpack. He came back with it and I saw it was covered in blood. Great...

"Thanks Marshall Lee, this is all I need. I help clothes in here so I think I am ok."

"Well if you need me then I will be downstairs and I am sorry that you had to see me like that. It wasn't ideal," he said.

"It's ok, don't worry about it."

Then he turned around and I shut the door. I looked in the mirror to see myself covered in blood. Even my hair had blood. I feel gross and dirty. I turned on the shower and got in. My injured side was pure red. As I gently wiped off the blood I could finally see my own white skin. I saw stitches in my side, Marshall Lee must of done this. Then I realized that I comfortable with a vampire next door. This isn't normal. I need to ask him why he saved me from dying. I continued on with my shower.

Marshall Lee's P.O.V

I can't believe I overdosed while Fionna was here. I can't remember why I took more than one pill. Was it to control my thirst even longer or was it because I was being stupid? Well Fionna is in the shower now, so I guess I should clean up the couch. It had blood on it, I could have drank it right then and there to make my job easier, but I am not going to take the chance to become out of control. I grabbed some cleaner for the couch and started to clean the couch. All this blood wasted. No, Marshall Lee stop thinking like that. I need to control my thoughts.

When I finished cleaning up the couch I heard the water shut off from the bathroom Fionna was in. Luckily I was done cleaning the couch and I threw all the blood paper towels outside as hard as I could. I don't need that around here. When I went back inside and sat on the couch. I grabbed my bass and started to play softly. My fingers hit the strings and I started to put the notes together. BANG BANG BANG! Someone was at the front door.