Dream Walker

~Henry Mills~

While visiting their dreams, Henry can learn to prevent people's deaths. Can he prevent the reader's?

Warning: gun violence, mentions of sex, implied sex

Rating: 10/10

It's long, but worth the read.

It began two months ago.

At first, you weren't sure who he was. You thought he was just a stranger; a face that your brain made up and placed in your dream. But then, he appeared every time. Every dream you had he was there. Sitting. Observing. Never interfering.

His eyes constantly glued to you regardless of whether or not you were being chased by a zombie in an 'Walking Dead' type of apocalypse or prancing around using a bubble gun to make bubbles that held entire universes. He'd be wearing a plaid shirt, a gray coat wrapped around his body and a scarf thrown around his neck. His dark, brown hair would be covering his dark brown eyes.

And last night.

You were having a dream where you were dancing to "Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag" in the musical Chicago as Velma Kelly, playing around with toy guns in your musical dance.

He wasn't there.

Instead, a post-it note took his place. It read,

Look both ways before crossing the street.

— h

You woke up after the note to your alarm.
Flashing 7:00, your alarm clock is yelling at you like a bird performing an incredibly loud mating call.

You get out of bed, fitting in some ripped jeans and a pink loose shirt. You brush your hair, thinking about the note.

What was he cautioning you about?
Was it literal or metaphorical?
You grab your backpack and head out the door.

You walk along the sidewalk heading towards Starbucks to get a hot chocolate. As you walk towards the crosswalk to te to school, your heart begins to pound.

Look both ways before crossing.

You press the walk button, and look both ways. There are barely any cars on the road but who knows, they could end you.

You look both ways, examining the position of the cars before speed walking across the street safely.

Huh.

May be it all in your head.

Suddenly, you see him.

He's standing on the second floor of your school building, staring at you. As soon as your eyes find him, he runs away.

But you run towards the school and up the stairs.

But he's gone.

No trace of him anywhere. Just a post it note that's says, "Be careful of the stairs."

~~~~~

The entire day, you gripped onto the railing when climbing the stairs. Even if they were baby stairs. After the final bell rung, you went to your locker to get your Spanish book for homework. The halls are practically empty now.

You head outside the school, and look back at the building where the mysterious boy once stood. He's still not there.

You face forward.