Halloween Dance

~Henry Mills Imagine~
This is before Emma was brought to Storybrooke, but let's pretend you and Henry are 16 or so.

The reader goes to the school Halloween dance, and can't find his recently withdrawn best friend, Henry.
Warnings: none
Personal rating: 4/10

Its Halloween in Storybrooke. At your high school, there's a Halloween dance on Friday, where you get to dress up in a costume.
It took ages for you to decide. First, you considered Red Riding Hood, Aurora, or Mulan, some of your favorite characters from when you were younger. But, you had to go with your favorite character from when you were a child: Snow White.
Not the typical Snow White from the movies. No, you had other perceptions of how Snow White should look. You decided upon a white dress, which you've only seen in your dreams. You designed and sewed it yourself.
You have a beautiful white gown, and your hair is curled just for the occasion, and you left it flowing down.

Henry, your best friend, and longtime crush, is going to be there, and you want to impress him with your dazzling dress. You put on some red lipstick as well as mascara, and drive yourself to the dance.

You kept your costumes a secret from each other, so that you two could surprise one another.

No, you're not dating.
You wish you guys were, but Henry now is so focused on his storybook and his birth mom to really think about you, even though you believe in what he says. He hasn't even shown you any pages in the book yet he carries it everywhere. He might not even be here, considering how finding his birth mother is more important than a silly old high school dance.
When you first enter the packed gymnasium, your friends dancing to the loud music come over to greet you.
"You look amazing, Y/N" they all remarked, "But who are you?"
"I'm Snow White. But a different version"
"Oh that's cool!"
You smile, "Thanks. Do you know where Henry is? Don't tell me what his costume is"
"I'm not sure. No one's seen him yet"
Of course. He probably didn't even make it to the dance.
You sigh, "Oh okay"
You dance for a few minutes to the music, and get punch, munch on snacks.
But it's not as fun without Henry.
You decide to leave, so you head out the door. On the way, you bump into someone who's struggling to enter.
"Sorry" they say.
"Oh, it's all right"you say.
"Y/N?"
You turn to look at the person.
It's Henry.
You turn to face him, and he smiles, "You look....nice"
You look at his costume. It's kind of Medieval in its own way. A vest and puffed long sleeves.
"Where have you been?" You cross your arms, lifting your eyebrows.
"I was...." He drifts off, "I'm just late"
"Oh okay. Like all the other times. I got it" you say, heading towards your car.
"Y/N, what other times?"
"You know. I invite you to have coffee. Or to my house. Or to the playground or park. You shown up hours late and sometimes never at all" you say.
"I'm just busy with stuff"
"Okay" you sigh, "Alright"
You turn and still continue to your car. You can feel the tears threatening to escape your eyes, as you hold yourself tighter.
Stuff.
"Y/N. I didn't want to tell you, because I was waiting for the right moment"
You turn around to face him.
"What?"
He smiles at you and comes closer, saying, "I'm going to find my birth mother"
You give him a sad smile. Okay. And how does that concern you? You wonder.
"And I can't drive since I failed my test" he says, and you chuckle, remembering the day he took his test, "So I wanted to ask if you wanted to come with me"
You furrow your eyebrows, "Me? Why me? Why not you mom?"
"She doesn't believe in me the way you do"
"I do believe you.
And I trust you. And care about you. But I fear you don't do the same for me"
"I'm just a little preoccupied. I've known nothing of my birth mother, and now I do"
He takes your hands, "It's a little overwhelming and intriguing. I promise from now on, I won't be late. You can look at my story book with me, and I'll pay more attention to you. Well, it's hard not to now when you're in that dress. Who are you?"
You smile, "Snow White"
His eyes widen, "No way"
Your eyes furrow, as his hands migrate to your waist.
"What?"
"I'm Prince Charming"
You blush and both laugh, and you place your hands on his chest.
You guys are silent for a minute, just staring into each other's eyes. He smiles.
"Would it be insane if I said I wanted to kiss you right now?"
Your heart pounds in your chest and you stand there, frozen. Suddenly, you grab his cheeks and pull your mouths together.
He smiles and kisses you lightly, his grip on your waist tightening. Your lips move in synch, somewhat orderly. You guys aren't possessive. You're being kind and gentile.
Then you pull away and look into each other's eyes. Your grins are prominent on your faces, and Henry says, "You want to come back to my house and plan with me?"
You smile and nod.
And as you drive in your car, you can't help but think of how much better this is than the dance.