Chapter 5

Dae Eun headed back to Hwarang House and she had nothing to do so she decided to walk back to Hwarang House's River. She sat and closed her eyes and enjoyed the light breeze. She let out a sigh. Someone then covered her eyes.

"Guess who?" -someone.

"Soo Ho?" -Dae Eun.

"How did you know?" -Soo Ho.

"Your voice." -Dae Eun.

Soo Ho sat next to her and he also enjoyed the view.

"Do you ever get home sick?" -Soo Ho.

"Yes, I do." -Dae Eun.

"How long are you staying?" -Soo Ho.

"Until my father says it's safe to go back." -Dae Eun.

"Why isn't it safe for you?" -Soo Ho.

"The other officials sons are trying to get my hand in marriage. They try to do everything just to get my hand in marriage, even if it means hurting someone." -Dae Eun.

"Don't worry, as long as your here, you have me to protect you." -Soo Ho Said with a cute smile.

"Gomawo." -Dae Eun smiled back.

Soo Ho then looked down at her hand and reached for it. He moved his hand closer to hers and he held her hand. She then turned to look at him.

"Soo Ho, what are you doing?" -Dae Eun.

She tried to move her hand away from his but he only held it tighter.

"Please, just listen to me. After you are done hearing me, then you can let go it you want to." -Soo Ho.

"Out of the years that I've lived, I never really liked or loved someone sincerely. I know that I've been a huge jerk and someone who doesn't know how to take relationships seriously but this time, I'm for sure of something. I really...like...you. I know that we met not too long ago but I couldn't hold it in any longer than this. You can chose to let go of my hand or to hold on. It's your choice, I won't force you." -Soo Ho.

Dae Eun just looked at him and couldn't think clearly.

"Soo Ho, your a great guy and I really am grateful that I met you and that you are my friend but I think that staying friends is the best for us. I respect the fact that you like me, i really do. We barely just met and I don't think I'm fit to be with someone who is good like you. Thank you for telling me and I really grateful but I'm sorry. I'm sorry, that last thing I ever want to do is to hurt someone near me." -Dae Eun.

Soo Ho sighed and gave a small weak smile.

"Its okay, I know its soon but if you feel like that, it's okay. I understand." -Soo Ho.

Soo Ho stood up.

"We'll I have to get to class now, I'll see you around. Bye." -Soo Ho.

After he left, Dae Eun hugged her knees and felt bad for rejecting him.

A few hours later:

King Jinheung was at Hwarang House to check on how it was going. He wanted to be alone so he headed to Hwarang River. He then spotted Dae Eun dozing off slowly. He walked over to her and sat down next to her and was about to wake her up until, her head fell and rested on his shoulder. She was sleeping peacefully. He smiled at the image of her sleeping. He then tucked a piece of hair behind her ear to prevent it from covering her face. She then woke up from the sudden touch and slowly got up. She blinked a few times and finally noticed that it was King Jinheung. She then bowed.

"Joesonghamnida, Your Majesty." -Dae Eun.

"It's okay. Since I lended my shoulder to you, would you do me a favor." -Jinheung.

"Yes, Your Majesty." -Dae Eun.

"Lend me your lap. Just for 15 minutes." -Jinheung.

"Your Majesty, I couldn't." -Dae Eun.

"Please." -Jinheung.

Dae Eun sighed. She sat back down and he laid his head on her lap. He closed his eyes and he instantly fell asleep. She then remembered the time when they met in Baekjae.

Flashback:

Jinheung walks around in Baekjae with his mask on and he spots a girl being taken away by masked men. He followed them into the woods.

"Let her go." -Jinheung.

"Get lost." -Men.

Jinheung then fought off all 4 men and he then helped take the mask off of her eyes and mouth. He then untied her hands and foot. He then helped her get on the horse and got on behind her. They both rode back to the city and he walked her back to her house.

"Thank you for saving me." -Dae Eun.

"May I know what your name is?" -Jinheung.

"My name is Dae Eun." -Dae Eun.

"Why did they take you?" -Jinheung.

"I don't know." -Dae Eun.

"Be careful next time." -Jinheung.

"Yes." -Dae Eun.

They reached her house.

"I have to get going. Be careful." -Jinheung.

End of Flashback

"Your him, aren't you." -Dae Eun.

"And your her, aren't you?" - Jinheung.

Before she was going to answer him, Queen Ji Soo saw them.

"There you are." -Queen Ji Soo.

They both got up and Queen Ji Soo looked at Dae Eun. Dae Eun bowed.

"You two know each other?" -Queen Ji Soo.

"Yes." -Jinheung.

"That's great." -Queen Ji Soo.

"Why?" -Jinheung.

"Jinheung, Dae Eun is the person you are marrying." -Queen Ji Soo.

With that being said. Jinheung and Dae Eun looked at each other with their eyes bulging out in shock.