Chapter 8

(Feel free to comment your thoughts and please rate.)

Two Days Later:

Ban Ryu slowly opened his eyes and blinked a few times from the pain on his stomach. He tried to get up but he couldn't from the pain. He felt something warm holding his hand. He turned and looked. He saw Dae Eun holding his hand and she was sleeping on the chair beside the bed. He then saw that a strand of hair was on her face. He slowly reached his hand out and tucked the piece of hair behind her ear. She woke up from the sudden touch. He pulled his hand back and pretended that he was still not up. She looked at him and sighed. She held onto his hand tighter.

"Hurry and wake up. I worry about you." -Dae Eun.

She then noticed that he was sweating a bit. She had no choice but to help wipe his body. She grabbed a bowl of water and a towel. She dipped the towel in the bowl of water and sqweezed out the excess water. She then gently wipe his face, neck, and then his upper body. He then "woke up".

"Don't sit up yet, you're still recovering. If you get up, your stitches might open." - Dae Eun.

"Okay." -Ban Ryu.

"I'm sorry for causing you to be in this state." -Dae Eun.

"It's fine. It's my job." - Ban Ryu.

"What day is it today?" - Ban Ryu.

"It's June 21 today." - Dae Eun.

"What??!!" - Ban Ryu.

"What's wrong?" - Dae Eun.

"I need to go." - Ban Ryu.

"You can't go yet. You haven't healed." - Dae Eun.

"I don't care!" - Ban Ryu yelled at her.

With that he quickly put in his top and headed out of Hwarang House. He hurriedly left to a memorial place. He then walked over to where Soo Yeon was burried. He then fell to his knees. He then began to tear up.

"Soo Yeon, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I missed our anniversary yesterday. You see, I wasn't awake yesterday. I'm sorry." - Ban Ryu.

With that he was still pissed off that he missed their anniversary. He didn't come back till night time. Dae Eun was waiting for him to come back. She then noticed that he was walking weirdly when he entered the physicians room. She walked up to him and noticed that he was reek of liquor. She then tried to help him stand up and held his arm. He then shoved her away causing her to hit the wall. He then walked towards her and pinned her to the wall putting his hands on the wall to support himself from falling.

"You, you made me miss mine and Soo Yeon's anniversary. Who are you to ruin my life? Your just some physician, nothing special. Why did you try to act all nice to me? For all i know, you probably just want to be someone's concubine. Wait...let me correct that, you just want to be my concubine, right? You're that low right?  I'll make you my concubine if you want? You want to right? So that you can get power, right? If that is what you want, I'll give it to you now." - Ban Ryu said drunkily.

"Ya, are you craz-" - Dae Eun said but was cut off.

He had cupped her face and roughly kissed her. She tried to push him away but his grip only became stronger. She hit his chest over and over again but he didn't give up. His hands slowly went to the string on her robe. He tried to pull it unloose but she pushed him away and slapped his face. Tears were disable on her cheeks. With that slap, he became sober.

"I don't know who you think you are to treat someone like that. I am not low like you think I am. I also don't want to be anyone's concubine. I'm just trying to care for others but I guess you don't see my point." - Dae Eun.

Dae Eun then walked out of the physicians room. He then punched the wall and put his hands on the sides of his head. Meanwhile, Dae Eun went to Hwarang River and sat down. Someone then noticed that she was sitting there. He then sat down beside her. She quickly wiped off her tears. She turned to look who it was. It was Jinheung.

"What happened?" - Jinheung.

"Nothing." - Dae Eun.

"I'm the King, it's an order." - Jinheung.

"It's really noth-" - Dae Eun was cut off by Jinheung.

"I don't take nothing for an answer." -Jinheung.

"Are you someone I can trust?" - Dae Eun.

"Of course. Don't look at me like I'm the King. Look at me as if I'm just a normal person." - Jinheung said with an assuring smile.

Dae Eun slowly told him what had happened. He openly listened. They both sat in silence afterward until Dae Eun broke the silence.

"I should get back, it late. You should get back too." - Dae Eun said as she stood up.

She was about to walk away but then Jinhueng held her wrist.

Flashback:

"Jinheung, make her fall for you. That's the only way she'll agree to this marriage." - Queen Ji Soo.

End of Flashback:

"I know of something that will heal your swollen lips." - Jinheung.

"What?" - Dae Eun.

"This." - Jinheung.

He then pulled her towards him and he made their lips touch. She stood still and was shocked. He closed his eyes. After 5 seconds, he then released the kiss. She felt weird because the King just kissed her. At the same time, she kind of liked it.

"I have to go." - Dae Eun as she walked away.

(A/N: How was It? Let me know in the comments and please rate and check out my other stories. Thank you for all your live for this story. We have reached 2k views in just about three months.)