Chap 2

Morgan's POV

"Hotch?" I asked as JJ and Reid got in the SUV with us. "What are we doing?"

"Can you guys here me?" asked Hotch over the earpiece.

"Loud and clear," said Alexis.

"A debreif," said Prentiss.

"Danny and Jake were walking home. Unfortunately Danny made it home but Jake didn't," said Hotch. "We're looking for Jake. And I don't know which way the storm is because Rossi's tablet is frozen."

"Mine is too," said Alexis. "Garcia, we need you to be our eyes and ears."

"What do you need?" asked Garcia.

"Look for a red thing that looks like an eye," said Reid.

"There's four of them," said Garcia. "Two north and the other two west."

"We can cover the west," said Hotch.

"Alright," I said as I started driving. "Garcia, did the storm chasers spot the RV yet?"

"Yeah," said Garcia, "and it's closer to you."

"Thank you," said Alexis. We kept a look out for the RV "There." We pulled up to the RV and got out. We with draw our gun. "Travis let him go. He's not worth dying for."

"Travis let the kid go," I said.

"We gotta get out of here," said JJ. Travis picked up a body in the trash bag. I saw the tornado slowly inching towards us. "There's a storm cellar." Travis walked toward the tornado. "Come on."

"Hold up," said Alexis. She ran up to Jake and got out her pocket knife. She cut the zipties from his hands and ankles. I ran up to her. "Go to the other agents." He did. Reid, JJ, and the kid got into the cellar. "Morgan! Let's go! Morgan, its too late."

"We can still save him," I said.

Alexis' POV

"There's no time," I said. I grabbed his hand and we got into the cellar. Morgan closed the door. "We gotta wait for the storm to pass."

"This is not cool," said Jake.

"JJ, how long till the storm passes?" I asked.

"I don't know," said JJ.

"How the hell are we suppose to get the the airport?" asked Morgan.

"Morgan, there's a thing called walking, okay?" I assured.

"My little brother, danny, is he okay?" asked Jake.

"Yes," said JJ. "He's fine jake. He's with your parents."

"How do you know my name?" asked Jake.

"FBI, we are responsible to know who we're saving," I said.

"Is everyone okay?" asked Hotch over the earpiece.

"We're fine," I said putting my hand up to my ear. "We got the kid."

"Give the storm another hour or two," said Hotch. "We should have you out by then."

"Please come pick us up," said Morgan.

"We will," said Hotch.

"Alright," said Reid. After an hour the cellar doors opened. We got out. "Freedom."

"I know," said Morgan.

"Let's go home," said Hotch. We got into the SUV and he drove us to the airport. We boarded our jet. "That case was done fast."

"Let's hope we can get home fast enough," said Prentiss.

"I agree," I said. "I wanna see my daughter awake before I head to work again."

Morgan's POV

"I can drive you there," I said.

"Let me get this straight. You guys are dating and you never really, you know, but he's the father of Amera," said JJ. "That's doesn't really make sense to me. How's that's possible for you? Does it ever occur to you that it might not work?"

"Just because it doesn't work out doesn't mean Morgan won't love Amera," said Alexis. "He was there when she was born and she deserves to know who was there for her."

"Long story short, I love the kid and my girlfriend," I said.

"How long have you guys been together now?" asked Prentiss.

"Three years," I said as I held Alexis' hand. "And I don't regret it at all."

"Amera is our life," said Alexis. "She's part of the family now."

"How's Amera's real father?" asked JJ.

"I choose not to answer that question," said Alexis.

"She doesn't like talking about how it happened," I said.

"Did it happen in DC?" asked Rossi.

"No but I moved to DC a week before I found out I was pregnant," said Alexis. "I never told anyone where I was going so no one could ever find me."

"Do you ever talk to family that's back at home?" I asked.

"I use my cell to talk to my best friend, Brittany, but that's about who I call other than you guys and Jamie," said Alexis. "I use a pay phone to talk to my family down there and a po box when I right them letters. I just can't let them know my address."

"Alexis, do they know you have a daughter? Did you send pictures?" I asked. She nodded. "Hey." I hugged her. "It's okay, alright?"