Chap 7

Alexis' POV

The song ended. "We're perfect," I said.

"I believe Alexis would like to perform a song," said Rossi as we sat down. "With JJ on background vocals." He handed us each a mic. "The song is dedicated to Morgan." The music started. "I hope you enjoy."

"I love that you can hold me now," I sang as JJ and I got on the dance floor. "'Cause I know the time has come. Feels like I been holding back forever." I grabbed a mic stand and put it in front of me. I put my mic on the stand. "Now my heart is finally one." I made a heart. "I've already found a way to believe that our love is meant to be. Ill be there for you I swear." I looked at Morgan. "Anytime you want me I'll be there. Time and time again. Until you understand." I put my hands up in surrender. "I surrender."

"I surrender now," sang JJ.

"I can't fight it anymore," I sang as I took the mic off the stand. "Baby, I hope that you feel the same now." Morgan walked up to me and spun me around. "I've opened up the door."

"Opened the door," JJ echoed.

"I've already found a way to believe, that out love is meant to be," I sang. "I'll be there for you, I swear. Anytime you want me I'll be there. Time and time again. Until you understand. I'll be there for you." I held Morgan's hand during the music interlude before the bridge. "I'll be there to hold you in my arms, I swear. Time and time again. Until you understand."

"Understand, I'm telling you that," sang JJ.

"I'll be there to hold you in my arms I swear," I sang. "Time and time again. Until you understand." I looked at Morgan. "I'll be there for you." The music ended and Morgan kissed me. "Forever and always."

"It was perfect," said Morgan.

"It was surely meant to be," I said. "On September the fifth of twenty twenty."

Morgan's POV (3 MONTHS LATER 12/05/2020)

"Hey," I said walking into Alexis' office. "I see you got your name plates changed." I looked at her. "You okay?"

"I'm just glad Spence is back," said Alexis.

"What did JJ say?" I asked.

"Its been two months since I told her," said Alexis. "I don't think she's coming back."

"Why is everyone changing subject when I ask about JJ?" asked Reid standing at the door. "Don't you guys dare do it either. Hotch told me to come ask you."

"Sit down kid," I said. He sat on the couch as I closed the door. "You wanna do this?"

"You can," said Alexis.

"Jj put in a letter of resignation because she could see any of us getting hurt," I said. "She didn't want us to die. The day she quit was the day you got hurt."

"And Prentiss is working for Interpol in London," said Alexis. "England. That's why Agent Alex Blake is out there. If Prentiss wants her job back, Blake is out."

"Why does so much happen when I'm not here?" asked Reid.

"I don't know, Spence," said Alexis.

"Thanks guys," said Reid. "I'll go call her."

"Alright," I said as I opened the door. Hotch looked like he was about to knock. "Hotch."

"Conference room," said Hotch as he left.

"Let's go," said Alexis.

"I wonder what it's about," I said.

Alexis' POV

"Only Hotch knows," I said. We walked into the conference room and sat down. "If this is a case at —" I looked at my phone. "One fourty five in the morning, I'll kill the unsub myself."

"This is not a case," said Hotch. "As you know, out section chief Agent Erin Strauss is gone." I looked at Hotch. "Our new section cheif is Agent Juan Cruz."

"I've heard of him before from JJ," I said. "I'm not sure but she might have mentioned him a couple times."

"Why haven't we filled her spot?" asked Blake.

"Alex Blake, you're new to the group, we understand," said Morgan.

"The only reason we haven't filled her spot is because she might come back," I said as my phone vibrated. I looked at it and it was a text from JJ. "Are we done here? I wanna go home."

"Yes, we're done here," said Hotch.

"Thank you," I said. Everyone cleared the room but Morgan and I. "I gotta finish up some paper work in my office." I lied. "I'll meet you out front?"

"Yeah," said Morgan. "I'll warm up the car for you."

"Okay," I said. Morgan gave me a kiss and left. "What does JJ want?" I walked to my office and there she was sitting in the dark with a small light coming from my lamp on the filing cabinet. "When I said talk, I didn't think you would take a meeting at two in the morning on Sunday. Its already December the sixth."

"Alexis, I'm here about what we discussed," said JJ.

"Are you ready to jump on board?" I asked.

"I'm ready to do whatever it takes," said JJ.

"Alright," I said. "Show up tomorrow morning prepared." I opened the top left hand drawer of my desk. I handed her her badges and her gun. "Welcome back."

"Are you allowed to issue this?" asked JJ.

"Who do you think hired Agent Alex Blake?" I asked.

"You did that?" asked JJ.

"Yeah," I said. "I'll text you when the coast is clear."

"Alright," said JJ. I gave her a hug. "Bye Alexis."

"Bye," I said. "Ill see you later."