Chap 3

Alexis' POV

"My family in Fort Smith knows about Amera," I said. "They just don't know about all of you."

"They don't know about your job?" asked JJ.

"They think I'm a single mother that can't get anywhere successful in life just because I had a child at an early age," I said. "I prove them wrong but I haven't given them any proof that I have. I don't want to because I want to leave them wondering." We started landing. I looked at my phone. "It's already six am." We got off the plane. "I'm going to go home and get some sleep."

"Be at the office at ten," said Hotch.

"No problem," I said. Morgan and I got into the SUV. "Morgan, can you move in with me?"

"I would love to," said Morgan. "I thought you'd never ask." I looked at him. "But I've already had all my stuff packed since yesterday and in the trunk."

"Oh, so you knew I was going to let you?" I asked.

"No, but I was hoping you would," said Morgan as he pulled into the driveway. "Come on." We got out of the car. He got out two suitcases and a box out. "This is all of my stuff."

"You threw a lot of things out,"  I said as he closed the trunk. "I'm glad you're moving in."

Morgan's POV

"Why is that?" I asked as I walked to the front door with her along with my suitcases and the box. "I'm always going to be here for you, baby girl."

"I'm glad because you get to see Amera more often," said Alexis as she opened the front door. We walked in and she closed the door. "And I have a surprise for you."

"Ma'am, you're home earlier than expected," said a lady older than Alexis. "I'll cook some breakfast for you and your guest."

"Jamie, Derek Morgan is going to be living with us," said Alexis. "And you don't need to cook us something. We are going to take a nap before we head off to work."

"Okay," said Jamie.

"Morgan, come on," said Alexis. I followed her to her room with my things. "This is our room."

"Our?" I asked.

"Morgan, we're both mature adults," said Alexis. "I think we can share a room."

"Alright," I said as she took a picture fram off the wall. "What's that?"

"Morgan, you know how Amera got my last name," said Alexis. "I had her name changed a week ago." She handed me the picture frame. "She now has you're last name."

"Well, this is the best time to do this," I said as I put the frame back on the wall. "Okay."

Alexis' POV

"What are you doing?" I asked. Morgan got down on one knee. "Morgan."

"Alexis Inthavong, I've been there for you since day one for three years," said Morgan as he got out a ring. "I want Amera to have an amazing family and I do love you. Will you marry me?"

"Yeah," I said as Morgan put the ring on my finger. "I love you too." He kissed me. "Do you need help putting your stuff away?"

"No, you can get some sleep," said Morgan as we sat on the bed. "I can do this."

"Alright," I said. I dozed off as soon as my head hit the pillow. My alarm clock went off. I turned it off and looked at the time. "Nine am." I took a shower and got dressed in black skinnies, a royal blue spaghetti strap, black high heel ankle boots, and a black leather jacket. I walked into my room. Morgan walked out of the closet dressed. "Hey." I clipped my badge to my jacket and put on my belt with my gun and holster. "Ready?"

"I have been," said Morgan.

"I gotta get Amera and wake her up," I said. "And dressed."

"Jamie got that done," said Morgan. "At like nine fifteen."

"She's great at doing her job," I said.

"She's a good nanny," said Morgan as we walked down to the kitchen. "Hi Amera."

"Hey sweetie," I said.

"Hi Mommy," said Amera. "Hi Daddy." Morgan picked her up. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too baby girl," said Morgan. "I'm here for good now."

"For good?" asked Jamie.

"We're engaged," I said. "Now we can be one perfect family in life."