Chap 14

Morgan's POV

"Alright," I said. We slowly crept up to the bedroom. I walked into the master bedroom and I was knocked out. I woke up with my hands tied behind me. I was back to back with Alexis. "Baby girl, you okay?"

"Just in pain," said Alexis. "A blow to the head." I looked around. "He kicked our guns under the bed."

"Its okay. You'll be okay," I said. "Do you think toy can get out of this?"

"I don't know," said Alexis. "I can try."

"I know you can do something," I said.

"If you wanna get burned," said Alexis.

"Use the laser watch I got you," I said.

"Hold on," said Alexis. "Don't need to use it." I felt her slip her hands from the rope. "Petite hands." She untied me. "Okay." She grabbed the guns from under the bed and handed me mine. We put it in our holster. "We need help."

"They're here," I said as I saw flashing lights outside the window. "You're okay." We walked down to the dining room and sat down. "We're okay." A medic walked over to us. "Great."

"You'll be fine," said Alexis.

The medic started cleaning the cut on my forehead. "Ow!" I exclaimed. "Damn it. Just put a bandage on it and let me go."

"Morgan," said Alexis. The medic cleaned her cut. "Careful, please." The medic got done. "Thank you."

"Not cool," I said as the medic left. "How were you about to do that?"

Alexis' POV

"I can feel pain too," I said. "I chose to ignore it. Plus, you were hit in the head with a tire iron. I'm sure it hurts." I looked at Morgan. "And bruises."

"It is," said Morgan. "And it did hurt."

"Are you guys okay?" asked JJ walking over to us with Reid. "Are you?"

"We're fine," I said.

"Morgan doesn't look fine," said Reid.

"I am kid," said Morgan. "Don't worry."

"Yeah, he took a bullet before," I said.

"It doesn't feel like a tire iron to the head," said Morgan.

"Hey, cut me some slack," I said. "I was choked today. Twice, to be exact."

"And you didn't call me?" asked JJ.

"I was being choked by an actual person," I said. "The first time, Jamie hit the guy in the head with a bat. We ran down to the basement to hide." I looked at JJ. "I made sure the doors were locked, okay? He managed to get through and choke me a second time. I think Morgan heard Jamie scream."

"I did," said Morgan. "I ran down there and found him choking her."

"I kicked him in the gut," I said. "I was busy catching my breath after I kicked him."

Morgan's POV

"Yeah," I said. "Is it okay to go home?"

"Yeah," said Hotch. "You're clear but you should get that wound checked."

"It's a cut," I said. "Its not that big of a deal."

"It's still oozing a little," said Alexis. "We'll put a bandage on it when we get home."

"That's all I ask," I said.

FIRST DAY SCHOOL 7:15am

I wake up to an empty bed. "Great," I said. I got showered and dressed. I walked down to the living room. "Hey."

"Hey," said Alexis. "Its Dylan's first day of school and Amera's first day of third grade."

"I'm ready," said Jamie.

"Are you starting college?" I asked.

"I have night college," said Jamie. "From four to midnight. I still get plenty of sleep."

"Six hours," said Alexis. "That's fine."

"Where are you going now?" I asked.

"I work Dad," said Jamie. "As a person who sales cars." I looked at Alexis. "I start at eight."

"Where?" I asked.

"Mercedes," said Jamie. "Can I get to work now?"

"How are you getting to work?" asked Alexis.

"My mercedes," said Jamie. "I'm responsible Mom."

"Okay, can you take Dylan and Amera to school for me?" I asked.

"Mom," said Jamie.

"Don't do that," said Alexis. "Your father and I are already fifteen minutes late as it is."

"What?" asked Jamie.

"We are supposed to start work at seven," said Alexis. "You start at eight so can you take them to school?"

"We'll pick them up when they get off," I said.

"Fine," said Jamie. "Let's go guys."

"Have fun," I said as the kids left. "Responsible?"

"Enough to show me she can have a family, go to school, and still have a job," said Alexis. "Along with enough time to sleep."

"That's enough for me," I said.