Chap 5

Alexis' POV

"He's going to be okay, right?" I asked as Hotch walked over to us. The paramedics drove off. "Hotch, he's going to be okay, isn't he?"

"They said he might not make it," said Hotch. "Let's go back to the BAU conference room. We'll talk there."

"Okay," I said. I got on the SUV with Morban. "I'm really going to miss him." Morgan held my hand. "No one can replace him."

"Spencer is original and can't be replaced," said Morgan as I looked at him. "But someone is going to have to take his place and I think you can do it.."

"No one can do what Spence did," I said as Morgan parked the car. We walked inside. "Not even me." We walked to my offive. "I'll meet you in the conference room." I kissed him. "I won't be long." Morgan left as I closed my door. I picked up the office phone and put it back down when I saw a letter from JJ. I read it. "No, no, no, no, no." I grabbed the letter and walked to the conference room. "We have a problem. A major problem."

"What's wrong with you being Reid's fill in?" asked Hotch.

"What? No, I can do that," I said. "I'm talking about JJ's letter of resignation."

"She quit?" asked Prentiss.

"Looks like it," I said as I handed Prentiss the letter. "I'm telling you, it was left on my desk."

"Why didn't she say anything to us?" asked Morgan.

"More importantly, why didn't she give the letter to Hotch?" I asked. "I think we should pay a little visit to JJ."

Morgan's POV

"Alexis, if she left the letter for you, there's a chance she won't talk to us," I said. "Have you ever thought of that?"

"Yes but why didn't she tell Prentiss?" asked Alexis. "She usually tells her everything."

"You should talk to her alone," said Prentiss.

"No," said Alexis.

"You're making the call," I said. "We'll be back." I pulled her to her office. She sat down and I closed the door. "You're talking." I dialed JJ's number on the office phone and put it on speaker. "You can do this."

"Jeniffer Jareau," said JJ.

"I got your letter," said Alexis. "Why?"

"That was cold," said JJ. "But I couldn't do it anymore, Alexis."

"Do what?" asked Alexis.

"See my team members die in front of me," said JJ. "Spence is gone. I'm sorry. I just had to leave the BAU."

"Just call if you need anything," said Alexis as she hung up. "Ugh!"

"Hey, it's okay," I said.

"Morgan, we're one person short!" exclaimed Alexis. "We ccant do it!" It got quiet and she looked at me. "I'm so sorry Morgan. Its just, I think I just scared myself."

"That's a good thing, baby girl," I said. "If there's one thing I learned the hard way, is that the last person you wanna tick off the future Mrs. Derek Morgan."

"Oh," said Alexis. "That's a compliment, right?"

"Yes, it is," I said.

"I don't want a big wedding Morgan," said Alexis. "Just the team and Amera."

"JJ as the maid of honor, Amera as the flower girl, and Hotch as the best man and escort?" I asked. "Right?"

Alexis' POV

"Yes," I said. "That's the wedding I want."

"I know you too well," said Morgan.

"Yes you do," I said as I got up and hugged him. "This Saturday?"

"That early?" asked Morgan. "Really? That's tomorrow!"

"I already have my dress," I said. "I just want to get married, while we still have the whole family."

"What about Spencer?" asked Morgan.

"He'll always have that place in my heart," I said. "Just like you but you took up half of it." I looked at him. "That's how big my love is for you."

"You always have my heart, baby girl," said Morgan. "Let's get back to the group." We walked back to the conference room. "Go ahead."

"JJ quit because she couldn't deal with the sight of her team dying in front off her. Spence is gone so she just had to leave," I said. "She said she's very sorry. Aside from the news, you're all invited to the lovely wedding of Mr. Derek Morgan and Ms. Alexis Inthavong. Tomorrow, in our backyard at seven."

"Is JJ going to be there?" asked Garcia.

"Of course she'll be there," said Morgan.

"Hotch, you're the escort and best man," I said. "Someone please notify JJ for me and tell her that she's my maid of honor."

"Do you have a dress for Amera?" asked Morgan.

"Yeah, I got her a dress," I said. "She's going to look beautiful in it."