Chap 13

Alexis' POV (Week After Amera's 8 Bday)

"I'll be twenty nine next month," I said holding my five year old boy, Dylan Morgan. "Morgan?"

"Dad went to the store," said Jamie.

"Alright," I said. "I already enrolled Dylan into school."

"My brother it finally starting kindergarten," said Amera.

"Yeah," I said smiling. There was a knock on the door. "Dylan, go to your sister Jamie. Stay close to the basement."

"Why does our basement connect the living room and the kitchen?" asked Jamie.

"I don't know," I said opening the door. "How may I help you?" I didn't recognize the guy. He held me by the throat and pushed me back. He closed the door. I tripped. "Who the hell are you?" He got on top of me and started choking me. I started wheezing. "Help—" I coughed.

"Mom!" yelled Jamie as she hit the guy with a bat. "Mom!"

"Go, go, go," I said. We ran into the basement. I closed the door and locked it. He ran into the door. I ran to the other side and locked it. The guy started beating the door. "Go downstairs." We ran downstairs. "Where is your father when we need him?" We went into the storage. I closed the door and put a screwdriver into the lock. "Okay. Jamie, help me." We pushed and old washer in front of the door. "Okay, Dylan, I need you and Amera to get right here and hide." They got into the corner. I put boxes and suitcases around them to make it look un-obvious. "Jamie, I need you to hide too."

"But Mom," said Jamie.

"Go, now," I said. Jamie hid under the stairs where it was dark. "If anything happens, I want you to look after Dylan and Amera."

"Mom," said Jamie.

"Don't worry," I said.

Morgan's POV

I parked the SUV and grabbed the walmart bag from the car. I walked inside. "I'm home!" I shouted through the house. It was so quiet. "Why is it so quiet?"

"Mom!" I heard Jamie yell in the basement.

"No," I said as I dropped the bag. I ran down to the basement. I saw a guy holding Alexis on the wall choking her. "Let her go!" Alexis kicked him in the gut as he stumbled backwards. She started coughing. "Alexis!" I threw her a gun and she caught it. She pointed it at the guy. "You okay?"

"I'll be fine," said Alexis still coughing a little.

"Freeze," I said getting out a gun and pointing it at the guy. "FBI!"

"Jamie, take your brother and sister upstairs," said Alexis.

"Okay," said Jamie getting Amera and Dylan out of the corner. "Come on."

"Go," I said. They went upstairs. I put my gun up as the guy stared at Alexis. "Go."

"Alright," said Alexis as I handcuffed the guy. "You're under arrest for assulting a federal agent. Anything you say can and will be used against you. You have the right to an attorney. If you can't afford one, one will be appointed to you under the court of law."

"Wait, wait wait," said the guy. "You're an agent?"

"Yes," said Alexis as she flashed her badge. "Duh."

"There's a car waiting outside," I said. I forced the guy up the stairs and out the front door. I put him in the police car and sent him off. I walked back inside, closed and locked the door. "Who was that?"

"I don't know," said Alexis handing my gun back to me. "Honestly."

"Mommy!" said Dylan running up to Alexis. She picked him up. "Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine," said Alexis smiling.

"I'm glad you are all okay," I said.

Alexis' POV

"Well, a few minutes earlier would've helped too," I said.

"I was at the store," said Morgan. "Where's your gun?"

"Three kids," I said. "My gun is in my room." I looked at Morgan. "I was choked twice."

"Twice?" asked Morgan.

"The first time was in this living room," I said. "Jamie took a bat to his head." I headed over to the desk with the white mac desktop. "I was very proud of her."

"Hello," said Garcia popping up on the screen. "Hey."

"What's up?" I asked.

"Suit up," said Garcia.

"At eight in the evening?" I asked.

"Just sent you the address," said Garcia.

"Wait, Garcia," said Morgan as she ended the chat. "Do I have to ask, Jamie?"

"Nope," said Jamie. "I'm free."

"Thank you," I said strapping my vest and belt on. "Let's go." We got into the SUV. "2750 Napoleon Drive."

"Alright," said Morgan pulling up to the house. It was dark and scary. "Is this the right place?"

"Its the address Garcia sent to the tablet," I said. "I'm pretty sure."

"Let's go," said Morgan.

"Alright," I said as we got out of the SUV. We withdraw our gun. We walked into the house. I walked into the kitchen. "Clear!"

"Alexis," said Morgan pointing up the stairs. "Ready?"

"Yeah," I said. "Ready."