Part 30

Time is really gong by fast, it feels like it was just yesterday that I was eating BBQ with everyone. Now . . . We're preparing for the great ninja war.  Me and Neji were packing our weapons getting ready to deploy. I looked over to him. 

"Neji," I whispered, he glanced at me and paused packing his weapons for a second. 

"Yea?" He asked looking at me curiously. 

"I. . .I'm scared," I whispered, his eyes soften and before I knew it I was thrown into a hug.

"Me too," he whispered against my hair. 

"What if. . .  We loose?" I asked. Everyone has been saying that we will win, but we are dealing with Madara Uchiha one of the most powerful ninja's known to the world. 

"I, I don't know." He replied. 

"The devastation of war, is never good." I said, I looked him in the eyes. "We're going to lose so much people, we've already lost all the Kage's. Tsunade, Gaara and the rest. . . They are all well in very bad condition. What if we lose our friends?" 

"It's just a part of life I guess, we will get through it." He replied, I looked down. He brought my gaze back up by grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him.  "Hey, no matter what we will always have each other." He smiled. I smiled and hugged him.  "I love you, and always will no matter what." 

"I love you too," I replied looking into his eyes. 

"We will always have each others back, we both will come back safely." Neji smiled. 

"Pinkie promise?" I asked bringing my pinkie up and looking him in the eyes. 

"Pinkie promise." He replied smiling. We kissed.