Chapter 15: Rich Girl

Ayano's POV

It had been two weeks since I paid a visit to Kokona's house. Any negative activity from the social butterflies has went down drastically since then. Today Budo was absent, and I had nothing to do. I had already finished any necessary schoolwork and the only thing bugging me was a loud girl across the room. She had long hair that was dyed yellow and in her bangs, a small portion was dyed a salmon pink. Her make-up was heavy and she wore a shorter skirt with loose socks at the bottom for style. She was so loud, and it seemed like girls were always glued to her. She got pretty much any boy she wanted and she was super rich. I hated girls like her.

"OH EM. GEE. Did you see the way that poor girl tripped in the hallway? SOOOOO CLUMSY! Speaking of clumsy, that green-haired girl has been absent for a while now. I heard she got beat up, I'm starting to wonder if that rumor is true~" she said.

I clenched my fist and the temptation of running knife through her neck was starting to become impossible to resist.

"Oh yeahh, you mean Midori! She is pretty clumsy and kind of STUPID. I bet she got beat up and I bet her best friend Ayano wasn't there to protect her!" another laughed.

This time I slammed my fists against the table loud enough as to where the whole class stared at me. I took a deep breath, took my bag and walked out of the classroom, slamming the door behind me.

I walked in the hallway as Taiso-Sensai, the gym teacher stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going, Ayano?" she said.

"Home." I said continuing to walk.

"No, I'm taking you back to class or else I'm taking you to the counselor." she said.

I was not in the mood to be tested.

"It's not really any of your business why I'm leaving and I'm not going back to the same classroom as that fat pig." I said before heading down the stairs.

Taiso-Sensai was known for her speed and the time it took her to take down someone. If I ran, I was close to done for. Then again, I was in the martial arts club, and I could take her down too, though it might take a bit of time. I started running down the stairs, in the halls, and finally out of the school. It seemed she wasn't coming after me after all. I headed to Budo's House since he was absent, and seeing my love was all that counted at this point. I knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" a sweet voice called from the house.

"It's your daughter-in-law!" I said in the sweetest voice I could. I tried not to reflect my actual mood, since I was quite pissed.

"Ahhh, Ayano! I'll be right there." Naomi called.

I waited patiently as she opened the door and then smiled at me.

"Isn't it school hours, Ayano dear?" she asked.

"Yes, Mother, but I hadn't felt well, and I decided to leave. I also noticed Budo was not in homeroom today so I wanted to stop by." I said.

"Ohh, how sweet of you! Budo is in his room, come right in!" she said.

I stepped in and I missed the vibe that it gave off. It was nice to be here again. I could feel the built up anger leave my body. I walked toward his room and saw him in bed looking up at the ceiling.

"Ayano? That you?" he asked.

"Yeah, is everything alright?" I asked sitting on the side of his bed.

"Not really. I heard a girl matching Mina's description was found dead in the carnival we went to. She's not answering her phone either... I knew she was annoying, but..I didn't want her to die." he said holding his head.

"What if it wasn't her..?" I asked putting my hand on his back.

"I....I....I don't know..." he replied.

For the next hour, I cheered him up and we finally had happier things to talk about. Being around me made my heart beat faster than anything... The only thing that I thought about was who that girl at school was? Someone said something like...Rondaku... Ranshako...no ...Ronshaku! That's it! I'll just have to get my facts down... I'll kill her by the end of this week. She'll regret ever speaking ill of Midori....I'll make sure of it..