Chapter Seven || The DeLorean

Around 12:30, I was woken up with a phone call from someone. Who would be calling me at this time at night?

I tiredly picked up the phone. "Hello?" I asked, my voice hoarse from sleeping.

"Marty, you didn't fall asleep, did you?" The Doc questions me. Immediately, I sit up. Of course! The phone call from this morning..

"Uh, Doc! Uh, no, no, don't be silly." I say sleepily, obviously lying.

"Listen, this is very important." Doc says. "I forgot my video camera. Can you stop by my place on your way to the mall and pick it up for me?"

"Uh, yeah," I say, stuffing some chocolate into my mouth. "I'm on my way."

--

I change some clothes, pick up Doc's camera, and skateboard my way to the mall.

I arrived sometime around 1:15AM. I skateboard my way down where Einstein was sitting.

"Hey Einstein." I say, petting him and rubbing him between the ears. "Where's the Doc, boy? Huh?"

I was interrupted quickly, by the sound of steam and something else. I look up and slowly stand up in curiosity. I couldn't see exactly what it was, but it looked like an odd looking car. When the car finally come out, I took a closer look. It was a DeLorean!

The Doc emerged from the DeLorean in some kind of Devo suit. "Marty!" Doc cries. "You made it!"

"Yeah!" I say enthusiastically.

"Welcome to my latest experiment! This is the big one, the one I've been waiting for all my life!" Doc exclaims.

"Uh, well, it's a Delorean!" I say, puzzled. "Where did you-"

"Bare with me, Marty. All your questions will be answered." Doc reassures me. "Roll tape, and we'll proceed."

"Doc, is that a Devo su-?" I ask, but the Doc cuts me off. "Never mind, that, never mind that now."

"Alright, I'm ready," I tell Doc, adjusting the camera.

"Good evening," Doc says, facing the camera. "I'm Doctor Emmett Brown. I'm standing in the parking lot at Twin Pines Mall. It's Saturday morning, October 26th, 1985, 1:18AM, and this is temporal experiment number one. Come on Einie, hey hey boy, get in there, atta boy." Doc tells Einstein, pushing him into front seat of the car lightly. "In you go. Get down! Get your seatbelt on. That's it." Doc takes out a clock and shows it to the camera. "Woah, woah, okay," I mutter, trying to control the camera.

"Please note that Einstein's clock is in precise synchronization with my control watch. Got it?" Doc asks.

"Right, check Doc," I say, zooming in and focusing the camera on the watch, before I realized the question was probably rhetorical.

"Good. Have a good trip Einstein, watch your head." Doc tells Einstein, shutting the door and messing with some sort of radio control hooked up to the car. "You got that thing hooked up to the... car?" I trail  off, dumbfounded at the Doc's invention. He was always creating crazy inventions I cold never understand.

"Watch this," Doc instructs me and fiddles with the knobs on the radio.

"Yeah, okay. Got it." I say, and stare in fascination as the car zooms all over the place. I turn the camera towards Doc, which was my mistake. "Not me!" Doc yells. "The car! The car!"

I quickly turn my camera back towards the DeLorean. Doc moves to the left and I follow him. He faces me and grins, a smug expression tugging on the corner of his lips.