Chapter 4

Once we were inside the exam room, Harry started to get nervous. He kept running his fingers through his hair and drumming his thumbs on his lap.

"Harry," I said, grabbing both of his hands in mine, "you don't have to be nervous. There's nothing to worry about."

"What if they judge me for just now showing up?" Harry asked.

"First off, it's none of their business why you're just now at an appointment. And second, they won't judge you. You're going to be a great dad," I cooed, locking eyes with Harry.

His lips tugged into a grin, making his dimples pop out. "Thank you, Sara."

I smiled and placed a kiss on his lips. He grinned, which in turn made me smile wider. Harry's genuine smile was so much better than his photo shoot smile. It made his entire face light up.

Just then, the doctor knocked on the door and entered the small exam room. She offered me her hand and I shook it. Her eyes grew wide as she noticed Harry.

"Doctor, this is my boyfriend and the baby's father, Harry," I said nonchalantly.

Harry smiled and shook the doctor's hand. She was still in shock that Harry Styles was in front of her. I think that there was a period of time that I felt similarly. I would just stop and think, am I really dating Harry Styles? As I got to know Harry more and more, I realized that he's so much more than what the world sees, and those thoughts went away.

The doctor cleared her throats and asked the usual questions. Had I had anything alcoholic to drink, had I been sick, things like that. She took my blood pressure and my temperature, and both came back normal.

"Would you like to know your baby's gender?" the doctor asked us as I laid back on the exam table and lifted up my shirt to expose my baby bump.

I looked over at Harry and he nodded excitedly. I smiled and said, "Yes, we would."
The doctor put the cool gel on my stomach and she fired up the ultrasound machine. Harry grabbed my hand and laced our fingers. I looked over at him and smiled, which he returned.

"Alright, Miss Patterson, let's see how your baby's doing," the doctor said. She put the wand on my stomach. Harry and I watched as our baby appeared on the small screen and the sound of his or her heartbeat filled the room.

"Everything looks good with your baby girl," the doctor remarked.

"We're having a girl?" Harry asked excitedly.

The doctor nodded and Harry kissed my hand. We were having a girl! I'd secretly been hoping for a girl, so I couldn't have been happier.
The doctor sent us on our way and we went back to my apartment to plan out everything for our baby girl.

"Babe," Harry called from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"We need to tell my family. I want them to hear about this from me and you instead of the newspapers or television," he said, walking into the living room where I was sitting.

"Absolutely. Do you want to call them?" I asked.

Harry nodded and pulled out his phone. He dialed his mom's phone number, put the phone on speaker, and set the phone on the coffee table between us.

"Hello?" Harry's mom answered.

"Hey, Mum, it's me. I'm here with Sara and we've got some news we'd like to tell you and Robin. Is he around?" Harry asked.

"Uh, he's not here, but I can certainly deliver the message to him. What's the news?"

Harry looked at me and I said, "Well, Mrs. Twist, Harry and I are expecting a baby girl and she's due in September."

"Are you really? That's wonderful!" his mom exclaimed, "Congratulations!"

"Thanks, Mum. Don't tell Gemma, though, we're going to call her after this," Harry said with a smile.

After we finished our conversation with Harry's mom, we called his sister. She didn't answer, so Harry left her a message telling her to call him back because he had news for her. Within an hour Harry's phone was ringing with a call from Gemma.

Harry put his phone on speaker and answered it. "Hey, Gem, how are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" Gemma replied.

"Well, I'm here with Sara, and we've got some news."

"I'm listening," she said.

"We're expecting a baby girl and she's due in September!" I exclaimed.

Gemma practically screamed, "Congratulations!"

"Thanks, Gemma. I'll talk to you later because it's dinner time over here and Sara's eating for two now," Harry said.

We hung up with Harry's older sister and Harry went back into the kitchen to cook dinner. I wanted to help but he ordered me to stay on the couch. After about twenty minutes Harry was done with dinner and had the table set. He called me into the small dining room and I took a seat at the table.

"What'd you make?" I asked.

"I made lemon chicken with rice," Harry said proudly. We ate our dinner, discussing our plans for our daughter once she's born. I already could tell that Harry was wrapped around her finger, and she wasn't even going to be born for another five months. He really was going to be an amazing dad, and I felt so lucky to be able to have him back in my life and to have him helping me raise our child.