Chapter Fourty seven

Since our little family out burst the Hastings house carried on like normal for appearances but behind closed doors dad was sleeping down stairs and to be honest it was absolute hell and I don't know how much more I could take it was driving me crazy and because of this secret I started acting out and started hanging with the wrong people and partying and even started stealing things and yes I knew it was wrong but I couldn't help it.
Mom and dad where away on separate business trips and wouldn't be home until tomorrow so I took this opportunity to throw a huge party before they came back.
That morning Spencer was sitting at the breakfast bar when I sat down next to Spencer . Dad was sitting at on the couch table reading his newspaper taking the occasional sip of coffee. Mom was sitting at the breakfast bar with a mountain of paper work.
" morning" I said to anyone who was listening.
"Morning honey" mom said taking her eyes of her paper work for a split second.
" Dad, do you and mom have to go? There is nothing there and it's must be so boring working all day " I whined dad put down his paper.

"Lolly how many times do I have to tell you, we have to go and I know we would love to spend time with you both but we have to go so we can pay the bills " Dad said sternly as he looked at me and I nodded then looked away.

"Fine whatever go" I folded my arms across my chest rolled my eyes and sighed Spencer frowned at me seeing a slight smirk played upon my lips. I picked up my cell phone and text Jess one of her best friends

"Hey, Jess any plans for later?

I hope not I have an idea"

Lolly xxx

A smile played upon my lips after i sent that text to Jess. Spencer watched as Dad got up and started putting things in the dishwasher "what are you planning Lolly?" Spencer whispered glancing at mom and dad who was not looking nor listening.

"You will see you Spence, you will see" I said jumping of the stool with a bright smile and rushed off upstairs. Spencer could not believe her sister sometimes she just never knew what her sister hand planned until it was too late and this secret was no exception.

Mom, me and Spencer arrived outside the school gates "alright girls, I will see you both soon and Lolly try not to upset each other this time. Be good and have fun" I hugged my mother and Spencer hugged mom goodbye and headed into the school grounds.
Spencer watched people as they walked past me giving a brief Hello and my large group of friends hugging me laughing, which made Spencer slightly jealous wishing she was as popular as I was now and have loads of friends. Spencer sighed as she walked past her younger sister holding on tightly to her books and handbag.
~ A few days later ~
Veronica arrived at work early hoping to start early and then a day finish early so she would be home in time to spend quality time with her girls. Veronica was sitting at her temporary desk day dreaming when she heard someone knocking which brought her back to earth looking up to see Kate her colleague waiting outside.

"Come in" Veronica called out

"Sorry I wasn't interrupting anything was I?"

Veronica put on one of her pretend smiles "No not at all" Kate walked further into Veronica's office

"Is everything all right Veronica? "Kate asked with a concerned look on her face, which Veronica could see it was a look of pity, which she absolutely hated.

"Yes, everything is fine, why?" Veronica said as she eyed her colleague, as she never usually asked her things like this.

"Well Veronica you usually say a million sarcastic remarks when you enter the building every time you visit and when you see me today nothing? "Kate folded her arms across her chest.