Archie [3]

You sat at Pop's as Betty read hers and Jughead's texts. Boy, was his game weak. You tried to not laugh at the fact that Jughead had no game.

❝Is that all he's got?❞ You snort.
❝Far be it from me to say anything though.❞

❝That's not all.❞ Betty started.
❝Then he actually-❞

❝Y/N, hey, can I talk to you?❞ Archie scratches the back of his neck.

❝You're actually interrupting us.❞ Betty said as nicely as possible.

❝It won't take long.❞ Archie begged.

❝Fine.❞ Betty says as she grabs her bag.
❝We continue this.❞

You nod and smile as she walks out and Archie takes her spot. You try to avoid his gaze as Betty and Veronica enter. Why? You thought.

❝What do you need?❞ You ask a little harshly.

❝Reggie's party a couple days ago. Ring any bells?❞ Archie says in a whisper shout.

❝It was n-nothing.❞ You stammer. ❝You know it.❞

❝You saying what you love about me and then admitting that you're in love with me is nothing?❞ Archie says loudly.

❝Speak up, I don't think the whole diner heard you.❞ You scolded.
❝O-okay, I meant what I said but I don't want that to get in the way or ruin our friendship.❞

❝I'm sure as hell know that we aren't just friends.❞ Archie shoots.
❝You're okay with this and so am I. So what's stopping us?❞

You honestly didn't know what was stopping you. Archie had always been there and you didn't want to ruin your closeness with him. But after that night, it was kind of hard to avoid it.

You stayed quiet as you let those words sink in and your eyes water. Is this what you want?

❝Y/N, say something please.❞ He begs.

You lick your lips and try to find the words to say. The right words.

❝Yes, I am in love with you.❞ You admit. ❝I have been for a long time and it's just the things you make me feel is insane. I just didn't want to ruin our friendship.❞

❝Y/N, I've been in love with you since the day you said hi.❞ He spits out.
❝I just couldn't say anything because I knew it would ruin what we have.❞

You let a tear fall as you run into his arms and snuggle your face into his neck. You breathed his scent in and he held you tight for a long time.

When you opened your eyes, Betty and Veronica were smiling at you and giving a thumbs up.

❝I love you.❞

Sorry for the wait!
I was busy all weekend and I'm so tired right now.

How was this?

-Sierra