stay strong

(Later that Night)

                Olivia woke up and sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She saw Nick and Kevin asleep on the couch across from her. Where was Joey? Her eyes caught the piece of paper on her nightstand. Curios, she picked it up. It was from Joey, saying that he had to go home to get some things and that he would be back soon. I stretched and sighed.

Olivia’s inner monologue:

                Okay God. It’s about time we had a little talk. I know you would never give me something I could never handle, but isn’t this a little too much? I know Nicky already had this, so at least I know a little about what to expect. But Lord, I’m scared. I’m scared of what is going to happen. (With tear in her eyes) Please help me, help me to be strong. I don’t want anybody to worry about me. Especially my brothers; my brothers already have so much on their minds. The last thing I want to happen is them to worry about me. I guess this is all for now. Amen.

Just as Olivia finishes praying, she hears the door open. In walks Joe, and he is trying to be as quiet as he can in order to not wake her up.

Olivia: You don’t have to be quiet, Joey, I’m awake.

Joe: Hey, when did you get up?

Olivia: A few minutes ago. What did you get me?

Joe: (smiles) I hope I got everything. If not, I will definitely go back and get it.

By this time, Nick and Kevin woke up. They smiled as they watched the twins.

Olivia: Okay, okay, pushy, pushy. (Opens the bag) OHH! My laptop! And Fuzzy! (snuggles him) and Gilmore girls. (Looks thankful) Thank you so much, Joey.

Joey hugs her, while he chuckles. Nick and Kevin laughs at how she gets excited over the simplest of things. Just then the door opens, and in comes Miley

Miley: Well, well, what do we have here?

Olivia: MILEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?! (Excited)

Miley: Okay, whoa girl. Breathe! Breathe! (Olivia takes a breath and Miley laughs) well someone (looks at the brothers) didn’t tell me where you were. So obviously I come here myself.

Nick, Kevin and Joe try to sneak away. But Miley catches them

Miley: and where do you think you’re going? I am not done talking to you. You can leave now, but I need to talk to you soon.

The boys leave, and Miley sits down beside Olivia. Olivia fills Miley in on what happened. When Olivia was done, the door opens just a crack and Joe was about to walk in and about to tell Olivia that she had another visitor. But he stops and listens to Olivia talk.

Olivia: and the worst part is, Miley, is that I am scared. Scared to death because I don’t want to tell anyone because all they will do is worry about me. I know they would cancel everything just to make sure that I am okay. And I don’t want that. I want them to just live their lives.

Miley: Olivia Marie Jonas! I know that you don’t want them to worry about you. But they are going to worry about you no matter what. You’re their sister! You’re the only one who could handle Nick when he is flying high and everyone wants to kill or hit him. You’re the only one Kevin will bring to Starbucks. And of course, Joe: Joe can’t live without you. You and your freaky twin thing….

Joe smiles at what Miley is saying and gently knocks the door.

Olivia: Come in!

Joe: Hey livie, you ready for another visitor?