-one-

Tom stood in front of the mirror and placed a diamond-encrusted crown atop his head. He fixed his cloak and put on his shoes, letting out a sigh. I could run away. He looked over his shoulder at the window.

I could... run away.

The voids he had for eyes widened.

I could run away!

Tom locked his door and threw off his shoes, cloak, tunic, and trousers. He pulled on a dirtier brown tunic and leggings. He took off his crown and placed it on a stand. Tom put on a hood around his head and smirked. I wish I were here to see the look on father's face.

--Time Skip--

Tom walked fast along the cobblestone roads and kept his head down. By now, he was sure everyone in the kingdom knew he was gone. Judging from the knights and other royals riding down the streets on horses, they were looking for him. People walked past him, not noticing him at all.

Except for one.

Tord was a fairly young man--the same age as Prince Tom, actually. His honey-brown hair was always spiked up into two horns. He usually wore a tunic that was worn and tattered along with simple brown leggings and shoes. The only thing unusual was his eyes.

His stormy grey eyes.

People called him names. "Freak" or "demon." One look at his eyes and his parents abandoned him. So, he lived on the streets. Tord had always resented Prince Tom, saying, "He doesn't even HAVE eyes! What makes him so special!?"

Alright that's enough flash blacks.

Tom finally looked up at the sky. It was nearly night. Stars were beginning to appear. He ducked into an alleyway and was about to turn a corner until someone pushed him against the wall.

"State who you are," the figure growled darkly.

"Uh- um- P-Prince Tom!" Tom blurted out, then cringed inwardly. Dammit.

"Prince Tom...?" The accented male whispered. "HAH! That makes me want to kill you even more!"

"W-Wait, no! Please!" Tom pleaded.

"Ugh.. fine."

A weight was lifted off of Tom as his attacker stepped back. The prince turned to look at him.

"Don't tell anyone you saw me!" Tom told him desperately.

"Heh..." the boy smiled and crossed his arms. "And why not~?"

"I-I'll explain if you tell me who you are," he promised, frowning.

"Alright, deal. I'm Tord. Now why isn't pretty boy in his palace?"

--Time Skip--

"And so you ran away?" Tord cocked his head to the side.

"Yep, pretty much," Tom ran a hand through his hair stressfully.

"I think I hate you a little less now."

"Really?"

"Hm... nah."

"Oh."

Tord smirked and put out the fire that crackled between the two of them. "Well. That settles that," he put his hands on his hips.

"Where can I hide?" Tom asked. "From, y'know, everyone looking for me."

A creepy grin made its way across Tord's face. "You can't."

Two pairs of arms pulled Tom backwards and knocked him out.