-twelve-

Tom and Tord turned around to face the guard, fear causing them to freeze up.

"I was just, uh.. taking him to the execution room!" Tom said after coming to his senses.

"You're not allowed down here." he growled.

"But i'm of greater power than y-"

"Shut it, princey, now both of you come with me."

Tord's eye twitched. "Don't call him that," he said calmly which seemed a bit threatening.

"Or what? What can a weak prisoner like you do?" the guard taunted with a sneer.

"This." Tord swung his fist at him, punching him harshly in the jaw and dislocating it.

The guard stumbled sideways and crashed into the wall, sliding down it in pain, then passing out. Tom's eyes widened as he looked at Tord.

"C'mon!" Tord grabbed Tom's hand and ran off to the exit, heart racing.

They soon were back in the castle. The place they were in was empty, but faint music drifted through an open door.

"That's where the ballroom is," Tom whispered. "All the other exits are locked."

"Crap.." Tord frowned and crept over to the door, peeking through it and seeing all the people there. He looked at Tom and took a deep breath. "I see the door. It's on the other side of the room, so.. we'll have to sneak along the walls."

"O-Okay.." Tom felt tears form in his eyes. Tord noticed this and started to panic, pulling the other male into a hug.

"Nononononono, d-don't cry," Tord said quickly. He pulled Tom away from the door and rubbed circles onto his back. "It's okay! We'll get out of here, okay? I promise."

Tom sobbed quietly into Tord's chest and dug his nails into his tattered shirt. "I'm s-sorry.." he sniffled. "I'm just so scared."

"We'll be okay," Tord lifted Tom's head, using his thumb and index finger to hold his chin up. "I swear." He kissed Tom's soft lips, closing his eyes.

Tom kissed back and loosened his grip on Tord's shirt before pulling away after a second. "Okay.. let's go."

With a determined look, Tord nodded. "Let's go."