-nine-

"Good princes don't run away~"

Tom screamed out in pain as a whip was brought down harshly on his back.

He was locked in the torture room, his arms tied behind his back and chained to the wall.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled. "You can't make me marry someone who I don't love!"

"I can't. But King Leo can~" his torturer purred.

"Wh-Where's Tord?" Tom asked quietly as his frail body trembled.

"That piece of-"

"Enough." King Leo walked in. His face had no emotion.

"How can you not feel anything for doing this to your son!?" Tom growled. Blood ran down his nose and dribbled onto his dried lips.

The king ignored him, untying him from the wall but making sure his wrists were still tied together.

"Is Tord safe? Where is he? What did you do?" Tom spat.

"Oh. He's locked up as a prisoner where he'll spend the rest of his days."

Tom's void eyes widened in shock. "No-"

"Yes. Now come on. It's time to meet your future wife! The wedding is tomorrow."

~Time Skip~

Tom glared at his so-called father through the mirror as he adjusted his crown. "I don't love her. I love Tord." He stated stubbornly.

"Quit lying to yourself. Anyway, today is the Grand Ball," King Leo said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"WHAT!?"

"Sorry I never told you, Thomas."

They argued all the way to the ball room.

King Leo brought Tom to the Princess of Kang, introducing them to each other with a fake and cheery smile. "Thomas, this is Ruby," he said.

She sure doesn't look like one. Tom thought with a smirk. "Hello."

Ruby giggled flirtatiously and he tried not to cringe. "Hello~"

This is gonna be a long night.