-two-

Tom's eyes fluttered open. The first thing he felt was a massive pounding in his head. He let out a groan of pain and lifted his arm to rub his head, only to notice his arms had shackles on them. So did his legs.

He analyzed his surroundings. It seemed to be a small cellar with a barred window on one wall.

"Hello!?" Tom called out. Surprisingly, he heard footsteps. "Who's there? Where am I?"

A person showed up on the other side of the bars. He had large bushy eyebrows, peasant clothes, and a cigar in his mouth. "You're awake."

"Y-Yes! Where am I?" Tom shakily stood up.

"I can't say exactly where," the male shrugged. "But all I can tell you is you're safe... kind of. Depends on Red's mood."

"'Red'? Who is Red?" Tom tugged at the shackles, eyebrows furrowing.

The stranger looked over his shoulder. "He's come to talk to you." He shuffled away and whispered a few words to someone.

That 'someone' appeared and stepped inside the cell, a sly smirk on his face.

"Tord.." Tom scowled. "You're 'Red'?"

"Afraid so," Tord chuckled. "Anyway, pretty boy, d'you know why you're here?"

"No," Tom felt a dangerous vibe coming off of Tord. "I just wanna go home."

"Hah!" Tord laughed and shook his head. "I do too, Tom. Believe me." He grinned. "Anyway, you're here because... well, I hate you."

Tom wrinkled his nose. "Thanks for being so straightforward."

"You crack me up~" Tord stroked Tom's chin, his grey eyes shining. "In my opinion, you deserve this."

"WHAT!?"

"Yup. For some reason, having grey eyes is horrible, but having no eyes? Great!"

"Is that what this is about!?" Tom yelled angrily.

Tord paced side to side slowly, almost menacingly. "Yes," he nodded. "But there are other reasons."

"Like what?" He snarled.

"You're better at me than everything... you're smart, polite, and attractive. And you get all the women."

Hah! Did he just say i'm poli-- did he just call me attractive.

Tom shook his head to clear his thoughts. "A-Are you gonna kill me?"

"Oh, no," Tord smiled and showed his sharp canines. "Something even worse." He leaned into Tom's face. "I'll make you fall in love with me."

Despite his current situation, Tom burst out laughing. Tears even began to form in his eyes. Tord's smile instantly dropped.

"Yeah, yeah, you may think it's funny," he rolled his eyes. "But you won't be laughing when I break your heart."

"Pfft- yeah, alright," Tom snickered. "Could you tell me where I am?"

"We're far from your home," Tord said. "In a kingdom that hasn't even heard of you. Therefore, you can't get caught and brought back to marry that girl."

"Oh, good." Tom sighed in relief. "So, Romeo, what happens if I don't fall in love with you?"

"Whatever you want."

"Uh..." Going home would be a bad idea. "I have a friend in a different kingdom. Could I go with him?"

"Sure," Tord waved his hand dismissively, as if knowing that wouldn't happen. "Do we have a deal?"

Tom smiled. I won't fall in love with this bastard.

"Deal." He shook Tord's hand and sealed his fate.