Forty-Five

"Once upon a time I was falling in love, now I'm only falling apart"

Pacing the length of my bedroom, my rattled nerves on high alert as I impatiently await Harry's return

Pacing the length of my bedroom, my rattled nerves on high alert as I impatiently await Harry's return. I wish it were just my head and my heart that I had to listen to, but instead there are many voices inside of me, and each thought train is unfortunately more uncertain than the last.

Should I call again? No. The twelve calls were probably enough. Perhaps he put his phone down? No, you know he has his phone with him at all times. Or maybe he's realised that he doesn't want you anymore? Well...

No. Harry wouldn't do that to me. He and I are as strong as ever, and it would take a lot more than a chat with an ex to break our bond. Though it doesn't explain why he didn't come home last night. No courtesy call, no text, not even an email for Christ's sake.

7:12am.

Sitting down on my bed, I rigidly lay my head down on the pillow, hoping to get some form of sleep, however short it may be. I have one of my biggest campaigns to shoot today, and need to be somewhat presentable. Here's hoping that Prada's Photoshop team can work wonders on the bags under my eyes.

Shutting my eyes, I try my hardest to think of sheep, and other techniques that help you fall asleep, but all I can do is run through the last conversation that Harry and I had prior to him leaving. I mean, he seemed normal and everything. He didn't even want to see his ex, but I practically pushed him out the door to see what she wanted. Why? Mostly because I didn't want to come across as insecure and bitter that he once shared a past with this woman. I wanted to be the sensible, grown up voice in the situation that looked at this from a logical stand point. Now, I'm left to kick myself for my lack of judgement, wishing I had only let him stay like he wanted to. If I had only kept my mouth shut, he'd be sleeping right beside me, though instead, his side of the bed remains cold.

Fúck it.

Trying again for the 'last time', I dial his number, though this time, I hear his ringtone going off. Jumping up out of bed, I see him as he appears through the front door, shutting it, with his back facing me.