Eighteen

I'd absolutely love your vote as all I've been doing is writing on my days off, and I'm a mess! Hope you're having a much better time than me x

"It's coming round again, slowly creeping hand."

"Ebony, for the hundredth time, I'm fine

"Ebony, for the hundredth time, I'm fine. You need to go home and get some rest."

The fact that Phil is telling me this whilst being stuck in a hospital bed, isn't making his argument any more reassuring to me, but it's been a long and gruelling 24 hours of waiting around. It's true, he does seem better, though I'm not willing to take any chances.

"Dad, I'm good. I had a nap before when you fell asleep," I lie. In all honesty I stayed by his side, listening for any breathing abnormalities, or for anything out of the ordinary. Those are the types of things you do when you're on the verge of losing the one and only person guaranteed to stay by your side.

"Well, you look like shít," he chuckles. "Go on, have a sleep in your own bed and then you can come back and visit me tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" I ask, unsure of whether I should go home.

"Get out of here love. It'll give the nurses something to do while you're gone. There's not much good in you being here, and it'll give me a chance to catch up on East Enders."

"I don't know how you can stand that horrid program," I comment, standing up to kiss him on the cheek. "But I'll be back in the morning."

"See you soon Eb, and thank Harry for coming by yesterday. I must've fallen asleep when he left."

"Will do," I smile from the doorway. Any suspicions Phil had about Harry and I's relationship seemed to have dissipated, and everything felt normal for a little while. Phil and Harry talked about the football, and Phil teased Harry about his not so newfound interest in the American team the Green Bay whatevers, while I hung back from the conversation.

I get in my car, emotionally and physically exhausted from the last 24 hours. Being in the hospital for that period of time is a distraction in a sense, and I never realised how sleep deprived I actually am, until properly sitting down.