Sixty-Four

"I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right"

"God forbid anyone has a pin in here, because you look just about ready to pop!" Celia laughs, finishing off the remainder of her Irish coffee

Smiling, I touch my baby bump with my hands, absolutely anxious for the delivery date to arrive. It looks as though I've swallowed a beachball, and my swollen ankles, or kankles as I've renamed, aren't making it easy for me to get around. This definitely played a part in me deciding to stop working so soon, but it's just becoming too difficult to keep to my appointments.

"I know, it feels like it's been inside for a lifetime! Only 12 or so weeks left to go, but I have a feeling he or she will be coming a little sooner than intended!"

Smiling, she shakes her head.

"So you still insist on hiding the sëx from me?" she laughs, picking at the smoothie bowl she ordered.

"Don't be overly insulted, it's just myself and the father who know at this stage," I comment, taking a sip of my now watered down juice.

Leaning in, she lowers her voice, though the act is unnecessary as we're in a secluded part of the outdoor restaurant.

"I've been meaning to ask, but did you end up moving back into your old flat? The last time we spoke, you were quite emotional about the whole thing understandably. Did you end up leaving?"

Slowly, I shake my head, wanting to avoid her gaze. Celia has always been quite intuitive, and the last thing I want is for her to be telling me that my aura or whatever else is off.

I would have moved had the opportunity been there, but sadly, the place was taken when I asked for it back. I did ask for the owners to hold it for me, and I believed I was still making the necessary payments to keep it, though there was some banking mishap that halted the payments, forgoing the property.

Telling Harry that I was looking at moving out was slightly harder than expected. He assured me that living with him for now was the right decision, though something inside of me told me that he was just as desperate and alone as myself.