Nineteen

"The rest of the world was black and white, but we were in screaming colour"

"Are you sure this is exhibition appropriate?" I ask, now doubting my outfit choice as we're nearing the venue

Despite my open resentment of being Celia's date, I still don't want to look out of place. I've already informed Celia that I won't be here for very long - Harry invited me out with him, though as I already said yes to Celia, I told him he could pick me up after an hour or so. Celia normally wouldn't have minded if I missed the event entirely, but as this is a big deal to her, I've made a point to be there.

"Do you get enjoyment about coining new phrases, or are you just fishing for compliments. You look beautiful," she answers quite decidedly.

My outfit being a black, sleeveless, sheathless dress, with a pair of black heels, and it goes nicely with my new tan I got from a shoot in Spain recently.

"And who will I know there?"

"Oh my gosh, I forgot how insecure you can be sometimes. There'll be people there. Some you may know, and others you won't. I'll be there, is that enough for you?" she asks, fondly frustrated by my non-stop questioning.

"You love me," I smile, reaching out to pinch her cheeks, and the look she gives me is hilariously miserable. I sensed Celia's nerves the moment we started getting ready. I guess I understand where she's coming from, as it's Felix who is exhibiting his works, and she wants it to be successful for him.

We arrive at the address, and already there are people milling outside in the cold, hoping to get in. We have our photographs taken before entering, hearing the paparazzi calling our names, and it's an incredibly significant moment for me because this is the first. Not the first time I've been photographed with Celia, but the first time where I hear my name being called too.

We head inside and Celia leads us to a group of her friends; none of whom I have met before, but introductions are made, and drinks are handed to us. I take a quick look around the room at Felix's work and there seems to be a very obvious pattern amongst the art shown. Besides the obvious black and white theme, the feature of the photographs is all of women's genitalia or bréasts in an unfocused lens. Lovely. Just what I want to look at on a night out. At least the champagne is dulling my disgust.