Chapter 8

You had gotten used to the cold. It hardly bothered you anymore. Papyrus stood about ten feet away copying your stance. It was slightly sloppy. This was going to be fun training him. You knew some good fighting moves. You walked over. 

"Okay arms a tad higher, you need to protect your face. Head tucked in just a bit. While it is important to look strong and tall to the enemy you have to make sure that you aren't leaving anything vulnerable to attack. Ok, back straight. There! You've got it!" You said. He beamed brightly and you walked back.

"ARE WE READY TO START NOW?" He asked.

"Yeah! Let's see how you can dodge without using any magic, or attacks first." You said. "Ready?"

"READY!" He replied. You charged. You swung your leg under to trip him. He jumped and countered by grabbing your arm. You were pulled up and then flung at the ground. You rolled to break the strength of the impact and sprung to your feet. You attacked again throwing a punch his way. He stopped it with his hand and you took the chance to catch him off guard. You threw your leg up in the air he ducked and pushed you over. You fell and he was over you in seconds. You were shocked, but you weren't quitting yet. You ducked through his legs and kicked him. He stumbled forwards. He spun around just in time to see  you go for his head. He blocked using his arms and then he grabbed your arms and immobilized you. You knew you'd lost.

"Good job Papyrus. I was impressed by your quick reactions. Alright, we know you can dodge and catch. Let's see if you can attack. Your turn to come at me. Remember no magic attacks yet." You said. He nodded. You were aware of Sans watching, incase things got to ruff. You prepared for the attack. He came at you. He went instantly for a side hit. You moved to the side and ducked the punch aimed for your head. You were surprised how much he knew. Undyne must've taught him some physical attacks like these. You straightened up again. He tried to hit your mid section, but you caught his fist and twisted his arm. He yelped surprised as he was pulled closer. Before you could get his other arm he used his strength to his advantage. He pulled you forward and you fell. You dodged some kicks meant to stomp you and leaped to your feet. You dodged some more and then he grabbed you arm as you went to attack. He swung his other arm up and sent you flying into the air. You landed with a thud. You bitten your lip inside your mouth. It was bleeding. You got to your feet panting. Blood trickled down your lip. Papyrus looked surprised.

"*GASP* OH MY GOD! I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HIT THAT HARD!" You wiped it off.

"It's fine. Come on let's keep going." You said. Sans didn't look like he liked that.

"but you're bleeding! you shouldn't keep fighting! someone is going to get hurt!" He protested fiercely. You rolled your eyes.

"Sans, it's just training. I'd never hurt Papyrus." You said.

"AND I WOULDN'T HURT HER EITHER. THAT WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE ON MY PART." He explained. Sans still didn't look pleased. 

"Besides if you learn to bail out on the first drop of blood then you'll never win." You said. He looked away.

"trust me, i know." He said darkly. You were confused by that. Papyrus didn't seem to notice. He attacked again. Soon he'd won again and it was time to be done. You knew he'd improved rather fast and picked up on the moves really fast. 

"That was really good! We can try with magic some other time." You said.

"YOU WERE VERY GOOD (Y/N)!" Papyrus complimented. 

"Thanks!" You replied.

"YOU AREN'T HURT RIGHT?" He asked.

"No, you?" You asked.