Chapter 13

It had all been a big fat lie. You're family was dead. You felt no grief. You were numb. Why be sorry for a lie told to you? Then you remembered Sans. He'd known, but he never told you. Jackie had sworn him to secrecy. It was all her fault. You thought of calling Undyne to tell her to make sure she never came back, but you knew you'd scared the life out of her. You snorted in disgust. 

"Good riddance." You hissed threw gritted fangs. You had wanted to rip her throat out right there and then, but that would've been too much. After all Papyrus was watching and so was Sans. You couldn't do that to them. They didn't deserve scars like that. You sighed and sat down on your bed. You leaned against the backboard. Your world was destroyed. You had nothing left, but the shattered pieces of the lie that you called your life. Your emotions came back. You began to cry. You had nobody left. Then you heard the door nob turn. Sans was there. You didn't even react to him other than stop sobbing. He came over. You looked away. He didn't say anything at first. Then he put his hand on your shoulder. You glanced at him. He smiled sympathetically. You didn't respond. He frowned. He pulled you into a soft hug. You felt your heart rip apart. You shoved your face into his shirt crying.

"i'm sorry." You froze. 

"I'm not blaming you. She was the liar."

"sugar, i promised i'd take care of you. i'm sorry that i failed."

"You could never fail me Sans. That's why trust you. Your worth trusting. She wasn't."

"you really think i'm that trust worthy?"

"I always have." 

"heh," He laughed. "i trust you too, sugar."

"Sans..." You said.

"shh. it's over. i'm sorry i didn't tell you. you had every right to know."

"Sans...what am I supposed to do now?" You asked.

"stay. you're safe here. you'll always be safe here." 

"I know. I'm safe because you're here." He frowned.

"sugar..."

"It's true. You know it is." You said. He kissed you.

"after everything that's happened, you still care?"

"I will never stop caring." You promised.

"how did i meet someone like you?"

"Ask Papyrus." You joked.

"hehe."

"Hehehe." He kissed you again. Then he laid you down. "Sans, please don't ever leave me."

"i won't sugar." He replied pulling you close into his embrace. "not ever." Your necklace glowed. You never took it off anymore. It felt wrong when you did. You both gasped. 

"S-Sans? What just happened?"

"it was magic." He replied observing the necklace. "so you can use magic after all." He said. You were nervous. He seemed to notice. "hey, don't worry about it. we'll figure it out together. the more we learn about this the better."

"Ok." You yawned.

"just rest now sugar. sleep will help."

"And you'll be right here incase I have a nightmare?"

"i'm not leaving your side."

"Thank you, Sans."

*time skip 2 hours*

You woke up next to Sans. He was still awake. It looked like he had just been watching you the whole time. You smiled.

"feeling better?" You nodded. He helped you to your feet and you walked downstairs. Papyrus was very considerate. He made you feel a lot better. You all watched movies for the day. You were grateful Papyrus had gone shopping while you were asleep. He'd gotten you all snacks. Soon you'd fallen asleep on Sans lap. You didn't have any dreams that night. You woke up sometimes though. The couch was extra comfortable for some reason. You always went back to sleep without a second thought on it.