11. Deceived

A cool breeze came up between them like soft silk. The only sound that could be heard were the faint voices in the distance and the white noise from passing traffic a block or two away. The intruder stood elegantly as he held the basketball firmly in his right hand.

"Mind if I join you for a game or two?" he asked boldly as he looked at Hoseok and Jimin respectively.

The uncomfortable feeling was in the air and Hoseok could tell Jimin wasn't feeling well the second this person interrupted them. Whether he was trouble or not, he had no authority over any of them.

Hoseok straightened and looked at the intruder in the eye, "this court is taken and yes, I do mind you joining us so no, you're not welcomed for a game or two."

Jimin turned to Hoseok in pure shock that was vividly present in his features.

For the intruder however, this only made him smirk proudly for how blunt Hoseok was being and how he never broke eye contact with him, not even for a second. He circled around Jimin and draped his left arm over his shoulders, bringing him closer to his chest as he did so.

"Why the hostility? This here is my good friend Jimin. He won't mind if I join or not," he looked down at Jimin for verification. The sudden physical touch and brief eye contact made Jimin blush when he looked up but only slightly -- at such close proximity, his heart was pounding hard in his chest from all the nerves he couldn't control. One thing was obvious though, Jimin couldn't really agree or disagree with the statement said for that was already decided for him.

"Friend? Who makes their friend feel uncomfortable like you are right now? You give off the vibe of a stranger to me," Hoseok gave the intruder a dirty look, hating how close he was to Jimin.

The fact that Hoseok labeled him as a stranger made the intruder scoff and Hoseok could only stare daggers at him.

"Stranger? Me?" The intruder pointed at himself comically, "you're obviously not from around here. The name's Jungkook and whether I play or not is not up to you."

Jungkook moved away from Jimin to face Hoseok in a threatening posture. Jimin knew very well that this only meant trouble for his hyung and him.

"Tell you what, let's make this a bit more fun," Jungkook proposed. The fact that this guy was so overprotective of Jimin got Jungkook angry for reasons he didn't understand but the sheer thought of making both suffer, especially Jimin, overlapped that feeling and made him smile with full-blown excitement.

"Why don't I play a game with Jimin? I'll be nice and make it easy for him. The first one to score five points, wins. The winner gets to pick what the loser will do for him as a reward." Jungkook loved the look Jimin always gave him -- the face of pure disbelief at everything he said.

"What the hell is this? You disrupt our game and then you barge in here to make up your own rules and little game? Didn't I say you're not welcomed here?" Hoseok spoke up, feeling really irritated from the ridiculous proposition this Jungkook guy made. Of all people to go against with, he picked Jimin. Hoseok was already disliking this guy.

"Wait a minute, isn't this on the school grounds? One you obviously don't go to," Jungkook said tauntingly. "Stop your yapping and stand on the side, this isn't with you -- uhh, what's your name again?"

"Hoseok," he replied, crossing his arms in irritation.

"Yeah, Hoseok. I have better things to focus on than to be having this meaningless argument with you." Jungkook swirled around to face Jimin again, "what do you say Jimin? Shall we make this more fun? This is a win-win situation. If I win, I can make you do anything for me but if you win, I'll do anything you ask of me...anything."