Fourteen

Half an hour before Chanyeol came back,

Baekhyun just locked himself up in the room since he found out that Nam Joo Hyuk was gonna move in to stay with them, together. He did not know if it was the way business partners showed their partnership to each other by letting stay in the mansion but he felt nothing good coming.

Hearing a knock from the door, Baekhyun silently walked to the door the opened it slightly, but he admitted that he didn't expect to get pushed and pinned to the wall by a certain guy.

"Let go of my hand!"

Baekhyun's both hands were locked by Joo Hyuk's one hand above the former's head. The taller felt a little guilty when he saw those eyes begging for release as soon as possible. He did not want to do like a villain but as a dutiful son he was, it was a must do for him.

"I am saying to let go of my-"

"Shut the f*ck up and listen!"

Baekhyun shook a little when Joo Hyuk shouted but he didn't revert his gazes which were on fire with over boiling anger.

"Do you know why Park Chanyeol and you cannot be together?"

Baekhyun swallowed his words and stared at Joo Hyuk. The room became quiet as breathes became louder.

"W..hy?"

Baekhyun knew that Joo Hyuk wasn't good enough to believe but at least, he wanted to know an answer even it was a fake.

"Because his grandmother is the one who made your father's company get into insolvency."

The most beautiful days of his blur past flashed back again in Baekhyun's mind. Those days when everyone treated him like a little Royal Prince, those days when he smiled a lot with his friends, those days when his teachers praised him as a smart kid,... those days when he was a rich kid.

"His grandmother is the one who told her daughter to seduce your father."

Tears formed in Baekhyun's eyes. With these eyes, he saw his own mother suffer a lot from that bullshit incurable disease while his father was happy, hand in hand with another beautiful lady.

He almost sold his body to get the payment for his mother's medical treatments and finally, all he got was a death while his father was happily giving his place to another no blood related kid.

"And she is the one who forced your father to transfer the shares he had for the Parks' company to her."

Baekhyun lost his balance and slowly sat down onto the floor. The reality hit him so much that he did not even have strength to stand up after hearing the terrible truth.

Joo Hyuk sighed heavily and it echoed in the silent room.

"So, did Chanyeol purposely marry me with the hope that I may become useful in getting the company back?"

"I am not sure about it. But all I know is that when he knows the truth, he will not be able to look into your eyes... forever."

Baekhyun inhaled heavily when he heard Joo Hyuk.

"He doesn't know me but I know him since our childhood. Park Chanyeol is the type of guy who will give his all for the aim he has."

"..."

"Maybe he will throw you away when you become a nuisance for him."