Twenty Three

Chanyeol was stunning in his black suit and even though the bride was facing her back to Baekhyun, he was sure that the lady beside Chanyeol was beautiful in her white dress, too.

Life was far different from Disney fairytales. A prince would marry a princess but not a normal boy. The clapping from the audience was so loud that Baekhyun hated it.

"I do."

His deep voice, his lips and his everything were now another person's property. Baekhyun felt his heart tightening and he knew he couldn't get enough oxygen. He quickly tried to unbutton the very first button of his suit but he couldn't move.

"Damn!"

He opened his eyes and it was in the middle of the night. What he just had was simply a nightmare. Baekhyun sat on the bed and grabbed the water bottle on the bedside table. Gulping the cold water, Baekhyun wiped his tears away.

It had been a week when he last saw Chanyeol. Until that night, he had a hope that Chanyeol would not be that cruel to him but all these were gone now as an insider released that Chanyeol's wedding would be held in next month.

In these days, he was trying to open a cafe with the money Chanyeol transferred to his account. He put all his mind and body in preparing this cafe but when the news came up, his daily routine went scattered. He fell ill for two days and now, he was suffering from heartache again.

Baekhyun looked at the digital clock on the table and it showed 2:30 a.m. He knew that he would not be able to go back to sleep so he just decided to take a warm bath.

While waiting for the warm water to fill up the bathtub, Baekhyun hummed a song and chose the shampoo, but ended with the honey scent one. When the bath was ready, Baekhyun took off his clothes and got inside the tub.

"Woah, it's so relaxing."

His hand reached the shampoo and memories flashed back in his mind. Chanyeol liked this shampoo scent and Baekhyun could not help but used the same one till now.

"How can you do this to me?"

Baekhyun put a hand on his left chest and felt the heartbeat. Chanyeol was still there inside his heart. His heart beat so fast whenever he thought about him.

Tears mixed with water. He sighed loudly. How could he bear this pain?

+ + +

With a glass of wine, Chanyeol stayed outside at the balcony for all night long. He couldn't sleep and to be honest, he didn't know why, too. The cold breeze brushed his face and he held onto the wine glass more tightly. It was a starry night.

It was true about him going to get married next month and he was sure that Baekhyun already found out the news. Actually, he planned to release the news to deliver it to Baekhyun because he knew that the latter would never try to come see him again as he did not want to deny Chanyeol's words.

In these years, he tried his best to get the chairman title back and he did succeed with the help of Mr. Shim and his friends, Sehun and Luhan. He thought Sehun could not become his friend but it turned out to be totally the opposite as Oh Sehun was now the best business partner he had ever had.

Chanyeol's lips curved up when his mind travelled back to the days when he and Sehun fought to get Luhan but he shook his head to shoo the silly past away from his mind and his eyes land on the wedding invitation on the chair beside him. The wedding was drawing up and he had not prepared his mind yet. Well, he slowly took it and read it out.