Seventeen

"I got A in my major subjects."

Baekhyun said as he turned off the electric stove and held on the handle of the pan.

"Good job. I succeeded in buying the plot of land for the shopping center plan in Beijing."

Chanyeol said while yawning and stretched his arms. He was still in bed when his husband rang a call from Tokyo. Earning a chuckle from the other line, Chanyeol started his day with a smile.

"Breakfast done?" Chanyeol asked and turned his body around to take a look at the blank space beside him and then to the wall where their wedding photo frame existed.

"I just finished making breakfast."

Baekhyun brought the plate of a fried egg to the dining table and took a seat then held the fork beside the glass of milk.

"Don't eat instant noodles too often. Be careful when you cross the road, too. If you need money, you can ask me whenever."

"I know, Chanyeol. I may forget to do my assignments but I will always remember your words."

Baekhyun said and bit a mouthful of bread. He could hear Chanyeol's laughter but the truth that it was just through the connected phone line made him sad.

"When will you come here? It is the best time to watch cherry blossoms together."

Chanyeol heaved a sigh of burden and took the calendar on the bedside table. Almost everyday in the month was marked.

"Still no free days? Do you remember the last time we saw each other in person?"

"Last July."

"I am not asking you because I don't remember."

"I will make sure to come soon."

Baekhyun sighed and put down the fork as he immediately lost his appetite. It was almost a year that they did not see each other. Baekhyun was in his second year now.

"If you can't come, don't send Mr. Shim, too. I am so tired of seeing his face instead of yours."

The line dropped and Chanyeol was left with a loud sigh again. It was not only Baekhyun who was pining for him, but also Chanyeol. However, he could not do anything about his schedules since he also had to try to get the chairman title within next two years.

Chanyeol glanced at the clock and it showed 7:30 a.m. He still had some time before getting ready for work so he called Baekhyun again. The call went in but it then said busy.

Chanyeol sighed and sat on the bed.

"Arrghhhh!"

Chanyeol ruffled his hair and shouted out loud. He also missed his hubby seriously. So seriously that he could die.

+   +   +

"Mr. Shim," Chanyeol said and Mr. Shim looked at him with a questioning look.

"Can I clear the schedule for next two days or postpone it?"

Mr. Shim sighed and felt pity on the boy in front of him but at the same time, he wanted to laugh because at least once in a month, Chanyeol usually asked the same question and whenever Mr. Shim asked for the reason, it was always Baekhyun.