Kurt x Ram 💔Angst💔

Sure, they had gotten over the breakups with girls, even when he had threatened to kill himself. Sure, they had gotten over the taunts and homosexual slurs when they started dating. Sure, they had even gotten over being shot by the school's bad boy.

Kurt never could have imagined that it would be leukemia that took Ram in the end.

       It had started with the nosebleeds. Profuse, never-ending, but rare. When they had gotten more consistent and had a heavier flow, (God that sounds like a period) both boys knew that something was wrong. They drove to Urgent Care, expecting a tear in the nose, or something minor, something that could be fixed.
       What they didn't want to hear was a panicked doctor instructing them to leave for the hospital immediately. What they didn't want to hear was the doctor finally telling them, after various blood tests, that Ram Sweeney had stage four leukemia.
       Kurt Kelly had burst into tears. "There's nothing you can do?" He was screaming, and he knew he was. The nurses rushed to his side, eyes wide. "Sir, please calm down!" Kurt refused. Ram lay, shocked, as Kelly began to throw a temper tantrum. Spittle flew from his lips, eyes crazed and filled with tears.
      It had been a year since that. Since Ram had been diagnosed. Every morning, the former linebacker would awake to either a nosebleed or excruciating pain. Sobbing and yelling for Kurt, even though he was right beside him.
       Kurt would whisper sweet nothings into Ram's ear, rubbing his back and kissing away his tears. Always, he would tell Ram, "It gets better." Little did he know how he would eat his words in the near future, and how bitter and false they would taste.
       It all happened too fast. Both boys had rushed to the hospital when Ram was feeling extremely ill.

Kurt had sat in the waiting room while they had him in the section for patients in critical condition

Kurt had collapsed when they told him that Ram Sweeney didn't make it.

Kurt had screamed when they told him his last words.

"It gets better."