The Pt. 2 Everyone Asked For

It had been about two months since McNamara and Veronica had found out about Chandler. After the shock of it all, there had come fear, then, well, happiness.
     Both women were moved to tears by the end of the emotional journey. And, almost every day, Chandler would enter the bedroom with something new to say about her friend. Usually, it was something bubbly and happy, almost as if Heather had changed in death. But, there were the occasional deep moments. Heartbreaking. Filling Veronica's veins with icy regret.
       "Heather said that she wishes she could've lived to have her own family." Chandler blurted one day as they watched Disney Channel. McNamara bit her lip. "She said that?" The child nodded. "But she said something else too; "All of us wish we could have lived. Our lives were stolen. Even...I forgot which letters it was. CJ? Yeah, CJ! (A/N It's JD) misses life."
      Veronica's eyes had glazed over with unshed tears. "How do you learn these big words and...depressing phrases?" Heather asked kindly. "I dunno. Heather tells me every kid is 'posed to know. Big words, at least."
      Chandler got up and carried her carton of crayons to the floor. It wasn't until thirty minutes later that she surfaced from the yellow carpet to show McNamara and Veronica the masterpiece she had whipped up.
     "It's us!" she exclaimed proudly. "Honey," Heather asked gently as she inspected the photo, "who are these people?"
     There were to boys in red shirts with Ws on them, and a boy with curly hair and a long black coat. Veronica knew exactly who they were.
      As McNamara and Chandler talked, she saw them, too. All of them.
      Chandler looked at her mother. "You see them?" Veronica nodded, voice too choked with emotion to speak.

"Then you've forgiven yourself. Heather told me you hafta forgive yourself to accept the full 'sponsibility of what you did."

Veronica reached out to JD, who took her hand. It was cold. Heather embraced her. Kurt and Ram smiled.

So this was forgiveness.

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE