Valentine's lair

When I arrived to the training center there was chaos.

"If he gets to go then we should be too. You can't-" Stephanie said.

"No it's too dangerous Valentine has demons that-" Nathan interrupted.

"Who cares this is our sister you can't-" Shelby said.

And I walked right into the middle of it.

"Guys wait, I don't need you fighting over who gets to go. Because if I go so will you," I looked at them.

"That's great I know a way to-" Lisa started.

"No! Not you." I said in a stone voice. "You're not coming with us. It's too risky." I looked at her, well more like glaring.

"Why not Sean?" asked Jack.

"Because she use to work for Valentine. We don't need people switching sides at the last minute." I said, my voice cold.

"That was a long time ago Sean. Besides if she wanted to switch sides she would have done it by now." Stephanie said.

"I don't care. It's best if she stays here." I looked over to Stephan. "Do we have any back up?"

"No the Shadowhunters I asked didn't want to take the risk. They were still upset because we lost many lives at the battle and we didn't get the cup. So they thought going back and getting a girl wasn't worth it." He said with an angry voice.

"She is worth it. Lets get ready. I want to leave. Now." I looked around me. My eyes stopped at Lisa.

I took a deep breath. "It's best if you don't come. You can stay here and guard the institute. Hopefully we won't be gone long."

Her eyes showed nothing. But I saw something, regret. She regretted helping us now. Too late.

I looked over at Jack and Nathan, we both went to the back and suited up. We dressed similarly as the day of battle. The day I lost her. I gripped my knife tight. I will end Valentine, I didn't care who's father he was. He didn't deserve the title 'father' or 'dad'.

"We will get her back. I can promise you that." Jack told me once we were done. Nathan put a hand on my shoulder.

"We'll get her back and we will take down Valentine for good. We won't let him escape again," Nathan said gently but with determination.

I just nodded and hoped they were right.

"Lets go." Was all I said.

They went on ahead of me. Lisa appeared in front of the door blocking my way.

"Sean I'm sorry. Let me go with you please I know how to get into Valentine's place."

I remembered the look of regret in her eyes. "No. I already made up my mind. You're staying." I said coldly.

I pushed past her and went out the door.

I went over to the library and there I met my dad, Stephan, and the rest of the Morgensterns.

"Are we ready to go?" I asked them.

The all nodded except my dad, he walked towards me slowly.

"Son, when you go through that portal I can't help you, it's up to you to know where you're going. If you don't arrive at Valentine's place, we're going in without you. Do you understand me?" he said.

"Yes dad. I do. But I will get there. I promise." I told him.

Stephan went over to the portal. In the middle was like a doorknob but bigger. He turned it in different ways before it finally opened. Inside the portal was clear. It was blue and it looked like water. I went up and touched it. It felt like water, I pulled my hand back. It was damp.