John laurens x Alex (fluff)

No one specified that what I was doing had to be a X reader so  going to do everyone's favorite ship (or so I think)))

John had been seeing Alexander in private for the past few years now. It was exciting just to be near Alexander, even though he had a wife at the time. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of him and his sweet voice, wavy locks, and dark skin. Unfortunately Laurens was going out with a few other soldiers, he hadn't seen Alex in over a month now, but he had told him he'd be back to see him soon.

Alex had been up late, like usual. He was having some difficulty, with Laurens on his mind, and a uneasy feeling down in his gut. He felt like something was really off, as he was writing he accidentally crumbled up his quill. "Dammit!" he grumbled lowly. Just then Elisa knocked on the door. "Alexander, There's a letter for you from South Carolina ." She spoke. "It's from John Lauren's i'll read it later." Alexander motioned her away with his hand as he searched for a new quill. "No it's not..." Eliza said her voice with a saddened tone. "Will you read it?" Alex stood and turned to face her. "On tuesday te 27th... Lieutenant Colonel, John Laurens was killed in a gun fight against british troops in South Carolina. These troop not yet received word from Yorktown that the war was over..." Eliza had let a few small tears out. "He's buried here until his family can send for his remains. As you may know, Lieutenant  Colonel Laurens was engaged in recruiting three thousand men for the first all-black military regiment. .  .The surviving members of this regiment have been returned to their masters" Eliza looked up at Alexander, who just stood there frozen. "Alexander are you alright..?" She asked placing a hand upon his shoulder. "I have so much work to do..." He mumbled.

  Later that night, Alexander could barely sleep at all. He couldn't stop thinking of what'd happen if he were there to save Lauren's. He felt haunted by the memories of him, that all seemed to flood him in a overwhelming burst of emotion. He felt so badly hurt that Laurens was gone from his life. Though his memory remains with him, Alex still felt as though Lauren's was still there...

"Alexander, you know I love you, I promise I'll come back!" LAurens said holding ALex's hands with a large grin. "I love you to..." Alex smiled back.