Chapter 3: I love Asian surprises!!!

“Could you please give me back my new phone?” I stretched out my hand signaling her to put the phone in my hand, but was she willing to do it? No! It wouldn’t be very Cha like! I sighed and parked my butt on the hard floor of the elevator. Being stuck in an elevator with Mi-Cha is one thing, but being stuck with her, her brother, her boyfriend… I would gladly punch them out. Good thing mister “Me Gusta” was here. I sighed again and pressed my head against the hard metal doors. Yoon slowly sat next to me and leaned over.

“You do realize, that if the door suddenly opens, you’ll most likely, do an epic face plant, right?” he then whispered suspiciously looking at everyone in the stuck elevator.

 We’ve been here for more than a half hour. I’m not claustrophobic, but I am extremely scared of elevators after the time I got stuck in a hospital’s elevator, just because I forgot to press the “go” button. I thought I was gonna die. Yoon saw me freaking out more and more every single second, so he took me in his arms. I felt safe there, although it was weird and I almost pissed myself laughing when I saw Cha’s eyes, which testified ‘Do him. We won’t look.’ I then shook my head slowly, eyeballing her and exhaled. I closed my eyes praying that it’ll end soon. I’ve never been this scared. Ever. Not even when I had to sing in front of thousands of people. I felt happy and proud then. Now I feel like a scared kitten. I started shaking. God, I’m such a freak. Pull yourself together sissy bitch!

“Marley, what’s wrong?” Yoon asked me stroking my hair. It felt like we were alone in the elevator; just the two of us. Mi-Cha was too busy examining my phone. I just love seeing her serious I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing-but-I-am-still-doing-it face. It was both funny and cute. Han was talking to Chan I didn’t really understand, because they were speaking Korean, but I bet it was about COD. Ah, boys and their COD, or as I like to call it, legalized drugs and the best protectors against teen pregnancy. “Marley, can you speak?” Yoon tried to catch my attention again. My brain was in complete shutdown. I managed to open my mouth, but nothing came out of it. I closed it and shook my head.

“What’s wrong?” Oh hey, thanks Cha, for finally taking your eyes of my damn phone and realizing that something is wrong with me! She sat on the other side next to me and shook me. Mi-Cha! I can’t freaking speak! I don’t want to throw up. Good thing I was still able to move my hands, so I slapped her. “Oh crap… What now?! What the hell is happening? Speak, Marley speak!” She yelled at me. I wish I could tell her something, but I can’t. I felt weak, I was only able to shake my head before helplessly falling on Yoon’s chest. Everything turned black. I was still able to hear Mi-Cha’s panicking for a while, but I didn’t feel or see anything. I felt completely empty inside. Like in yoga, when you have to imagine that you’re just a shell. I felt like that.

I moved my fingers; I was awake. I slowly opened my eyes trying to focus.

“Morning, sleepy head.” I saw an angel in front of me. Wait no, angels aren’t that pretty. I saw Yoon. He stroked my cheek, still holding me in his arms. I tilted my head; it was on his lap. We were still in the elevator, but Han, Mi-Cha and Chan weren’t inside. The elevator was finally unstuck. I cautiously sat up with my head still pounding like crazy.

“I guess they fixed the elevator…” I exhaled and ran my fingers through my messy hair. I closed my eyes again as they felt like I was punched in the eye.

“They sure did. But we can stay here for a while.” He smiled and pulled me back into his embrace. I didn’t resist, I willingly crawled back. “Mi-Cha and the others are dealing with something for a while. They’ll be back soon enough…” he put his head on mine and closed his eyes. I’ve never felt nicer in my entire life. I wondered if I should faint again. “So what happened?” He tilted his head, got the hair out of my face and stared into my eyes, still hugging me on the upper part of my arm, so I don’t fall. I was really dizzy.