I Run

I'm so excited, I can't believe I'm here

A place I've been dreaming of, is just too good to be true

But I remember my purpose, damn what a killjoy

Then I imagine being karate chopped, Okay fine I'll do what I have to

I'm so excited because I just arrived South Korea, and it's a place I've been wanting to go to. There's just so much things I want to do, but then I remember the image of my brother once when he karate chopped my head because I had forgotten my priorities. 

"Seung Gil, meet Alia Tintin" Coach Min-so Park says.

   "Uhm"

   "Is there a problem, Tintin?"

   "It's Alia ALtin, ma'am" 

   "Oh, I'm sorry dear" she cleared her throat, "Seung Gil, this is Alia"

   I look at Seung Gil, he looked back at me. But he just, stares at me, "She's going to train with us before her flight out of the country"

   "Hi" I smiled and waved at Seung Gil... and he just looks at me. He's just like Otabek, I chuckled at this.

   "What are you laughing at?" he asked, then as if something just snapped, he looked to his coach, "Are we going to train now?"

   "Why, of course" Min-so sighed, "Start with exercise, I suggest you two---"

   "She's coming with me?" Seung- Gil sounded disgusted.

   And I was offended, "Yeah I am, mate" I tried to look as if I didn't care about him too.

   "We're jogging fifty laps outside" he challenged.

   "I was supposed to say ten laps" his coach interrupted.

   "I'm winning this Grand Prix, I'm jogging fifty" and just like that, I saw a different side of Seung Gil. He wasn't that mean, he was just ambitious.

   And for the first time, he looks at me to acknowledge me. And I see in his eyes that he was asking if I agreed with the fifty laps, I looked to Min-so and nodded, "I'm going to showoff, and I say I jog fifty laps"

"You two are back earlier than expected" Min-so said as Seung Gil and I plopped down at the rink side. Seung Gil grabbed his water bottle the most fiercest way I've ever seen anyone do so, and drank like, the whole thing.

   I was gasping for breath too, I grabbed my own water bottle and drank slowly, "No one... won" I said between breaths.

   "The two of you raced?" Min-so asked, "Well It's evident in your faces"

   Seung Gil glances at her and doesn't say a thing and just continues to catch his breath.

   "We did" I replied, then I breath, "No..." I took a breath again, "one won... Tie... Unfair"

   "Now that your back and fully exercised" Min-so crosses her arms over her chest as she leans backward, "Seung Gil, practice your short program, with music. Alia, you can rest"

   "I---" I wanted to object but then I though about it, I just stood up to watch Seung- Gil.

   "I-I... Practice?" Seung Gil asks. Min-so doesn't blink an eye.

   I shrugged, "I think... that's what she meant" I answered for Min-so, "Just go..." I was still catching my breath.

   "Wait--- you get... to rest?" Seung Gil was still gasping for breath too.

   I only nodded.

   He groans, Seung Gil gets into the ice. Then Min-so gives me instructions on fixing the speakers and stuff. "K, we're good" I was finally breathing fine, "Tell me when you're ready"

   "She's going to watch me?" Seung Gil, once again, does not mind me and was looking at his coach skeptically, "She's not supposed to see 'till the competition---"

   "She's from the women's division" Min-so said in plain calm, "Unless you want to compete in that division?"

   What? Are you gay? I asked him this in my head. Well nothing, just a random thought. WAIT ARE YOU GAY? Haha, that's nothing, just curios. HEY BUT NO SIRIUSLY ARE YOU---

   "AL" Seung Gil breaks my train of thoughts.

   "Huh, what?" I look at him, "Aww, did you call me by my nickname? Are you starting to warm up, dude?"

   "I said play the music" He ignores my questions, "Play it"

   I sighed, "Oh no I dropped my motivation and have no desire to pick it up"

   "Play it" and... I did follow anyway.

"THAT WAS AWESOME" I clapped, "I guess" I added.

   "You guess?" I can tell Seung Gil was annoyed.

Well turns out Seung Gil wasn't that mean that Min-so was able to convince him to let me stay at his place, "Can I really go in?" I ask him again.

   "Beware of the dog---"

   A dog. There was a DOG, "Where?" I dashed into the hose until something had jumped over me and put me down to the floor, "It's a HUSKY" I started petting it and saying so many times how cute it was, "... snowflake" I giggled.

   "That's not his name" Seung Gil disturbed me.

   "NO, I call him 'snowflake'" I pouted, then I faced the husky again, "isn't that right, snowflake?" The dog sort of like barked in agreement.

dear otabek

   this letter would only be short because i am so running late i spent too much time here in korea that i might miss my flight to japan well i stayed in my rink mate-to-be's house and he had a husky and it was so cute and adorable and then i trained here too and i really enjoyed that's why my hands are really shaking because i am so in a hurry in writing this letter im not even in a coffee shop this is a disaster i need my coffee

   so brother okay bye bye im now about to run to the airport and all that i might miss my flight

love ya

   al