The Drive

Amanda's POV:

"Amanda? Hello?" Kayla called out from the passenger seat. I was not really conversating considering I was trying to figure out what my first words to Cameron would be.

"Why are you shaking so much? Do you want to pull over?" she asked sounding extremely concerned.

"No, no. Sorry, i'm just.. thinking." I said as I gazed out the window spotting the building where the convention was being held. I felt a lump begin to form in my throat as we got closer and closer until finally I pulled into a parking spot adjacent from the convention centers doors.

She glanced over at me smiling. "Aren't you excited? Finally getting to see your man after all these years?!" she chuckled as she gently nudged my shoulder.

"Oh yeah, totally! My man who probably has no recollection of me or that I even exist. I would say i'm SUPER stoked!" I say hoping she would sense my sarcasm. "Yeah, yeah! You're the one who wanted to come and you dressed up just to show this boy what he's missing! So you need to fake it until you make it girl."

Even though she was almost 3 years younger than me, Kayla always gave great advice and I couldn't have asked for a better friend.

She was always paying so much attention to me and my feelings and I could never repay her for that. I tried to help out with her relationship, but with Brandon there was really nothing you could do. It was blatently obvious he only cared about himself. I tried to warn Kayla a couple times, but it was already too late.

He created scars in her that were unhealable no matter how hard I tried to help, I couldn't. Yet she remained so strong. I have no idea how she stayed so well put together, if I was her, I wouldn't even give the creep the time of day.

Since I was coming here in search of my long lost crush, I was hoping I could get her mind off of her long lost creep by introducing her to.. Shawn. I'd never met Shawn, but from the moment I heard of him, I knew he and Kayla had some common interests. They were both singers, both the same age, both perfect, and I just want to see her happy.

A/N:

HEY BABIES HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! MY READERS ARE ALSO MY BEST FRIENDS SO MY MAILBOX IS ALWAYS OPEN TO ANY QUESTION OR CONCERN OR EVEN IF YOU GUYS JUST NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO! LOVE YOU GUYS 💖