A Million Reasons

Shawn POV:

She asked why I chose her. A million reasons came to mind, but I wanted to come up with the perfect one. This was such an important question, I couldn't mess it up.

"I chose you, because you caught my eye the very first moment I saw you. In the moment I could see you as if we were the only two in the room. Your smile kept replaying in my head and I never wanted it to stop. Then when you came up to meet all of us, this unknown strong feeling grew in my stomach, anxiousness. I was so anxious to meet you and so jealous of the boys getting to meet you first. Then I saw Jack eyeballing you and this anger grew inside of me. I just knew you were the one for me, something was telling me that you were the one, and I think that something was right." I said and a lump formed in my throat.

Her eyes got filled with puffiness and I watched a tear gently roll down her cheek.

"No, no. I'm sorry- I didn't mean to- I shouldn't have-" I couldn't get the right words to come out.

"No, i'm not mad." she chuckled still slightly teary.

"I'm happy, really happy. It just means a lot to me. My ex-boyfriend never said anything that made me feel really special, in fact, I think he thought the opposite of those things, because he cheated on me. She laughed, but I could sense her disappointment and insecurity.

" Your ex clearly couldn't see how amazing you are, which is completely fine with me, because then I wouldn't have ever met you and I couldn't have ever done this." I leaned in for a kiss.

Kayla POV:

I couldn't fathom how sweet Shawn was, about everything. He always seemed to make everything okay no matter how bad the situation was. He turned the light out and turned back in my direction cuddling me.

"We better get some rest, we have to be up early tomorrow." he said and I gently rested my head on his chest.

"You're right." I sighed, "Goodnight babe."

Whenever I was with him I usually had no trouble sleeping, but tonight the nightmares started to return. Those nightmares.

"Mom! I can't believe you!" I walked in to my parents room to see my mother and her boss in bed. My eyes were bloodshot and my mind still hadn't caught up. I thought my mom and dad were happy? First my boyfriend cheats on me with my best friend and now my mother cheats on my dad? When she cheated on my father, she hadn't realized she was cheating on my whole family.

"Babe, Babe, Are you okay?" I awoke to Shawn's voice and his gentle touch shaking me.

I woke up with beads of sweat covering my entire face and by the expression on Shawn's I figured I was either screaming or moaning again. After my mom cheated it seemed like a terrible series of events proceeded.

"Um, yeah. Sorry that I woke you." I lied and hastily turned toward the wall. I felt a tear stream down from my eye.

"Hey, turn around." I heard him say as he clicked the little switch to turn on the wall light.

I turned my body after wiping the tears and trying to make it look like everything was okay.

"Babe, we said we would talk about everything. Did I do something wrong??" he said sounding worried.

"No, no!" I said still slightly sobbing. "You're doing everything right. You're probably the only thing that's right."

He smiled affectionately and I turned to give him a hug. I just constantly have bad nightmares about.. well just bad nightmares." I stopped myself deciding not to tell him about the nightmares yet.

"Ever since i've been sleeping with you i've been sleeping great, i'm not sure why they're coming back all of a sudden." I shook my head puzzled.

"Well, as long as you're sleeping with me nothing will hurt you. Okay? I'll protect you no matter what." His thumb gently grazed my face wiping my tear.

If he only knew. He could hold me close and love me, but he could never erase the horrid memories.

I looked at the clock and it read 3:24 AM. "I have not been getting enough beauty sleep, i'm gonna start getting under eye circles! no!" I yelled playfully and quickly put the blanket over my head.

He chuckled and turned off the wall light. "Goodnight princess" were the last words I heard before drifting off.

--------------- 10:30 AM ------------------

I awoke to the sound of 5 loud voices echoing outside the hotel room. Since it was Monday I had to make sure I called the absent line at my school, I wasn't even ready to go back to school anyway.

I wiped my eyes and shook Shawn gently.

"Babeee." I smiled and kissed his forehead as his eyes opened.

"There's crazy loud boys waiting outside the door to go to Disney." I said as I got up from the bed and grabbed a towel out of the closet.

I took a super quick shower and dressed in a tie dye Stussy t-shirt and black leggings with white high top Converse. I decided to wand the ends of my hair with a curling wand and put in a tie dye bow from American Apparel to top it off. I was finished and all ready to go by 11:30, but Shawn was still getting ready, so I went down to the complimentary breakfast to grab some coffee.

I finished adding some sugar to my coffee when I spotted a familiar face sitting at a table.

"Mind if I join you?" I smiled at Gilinsky before he motioned for me to sit.

"Wow you're actually talking to me? I thought Shawn would've brainwashed you to hate me last night."

"No... why would he do that? Does he have a reason to?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, you'll have to talk to him." he said taking a sip of his coffee.

"Okay.. well, I sort of wanted to talk to you about something. Please don't hate me- I didn't mean to go through your stuff, I tripped over it and everything fell out and there was a notebook. So I picked it up and-"

He interupted, "you read my notebook.....?"

"Yes... and I'm TRULY sorry, I wasn't trying to be nosey, but I saw what you wrote about me. About me being the most beautiful girl you've ever seen and the sweet things you said about Shawn."

"Oh.."

"Yeah.. Why do you sound so ashamed of it? You're genuinely a great person, Jack. Too good for me. You deserve someone who is just as amazing as you." I made the mistake of wrapping my hand around the top of his in sincerity. " I really do like you Jack, but it would never work between us, and i'm absolutely crazy about Shawn."

He inhaled loudly, " I know you do, and I completely respect you for staying faithful to him. He's a really good pal of mine, and hey, you're just as amazing as I am." he smiled and blushed.

I giggled, lost in his smile for quite some time that I didn't realize Shawn was creeping his way toward us.

My hand was still around Jack's and as soon as Shawn came to the table, I quickly removed my hand.

Shawn raised his eyebrow at the sight of my awkward motion, "are you two okay? ready to go?" he asked assuringly.

A/N:

Oh my actual god. I can't believe i'm almost at 5k reads, to most of you that may not be a lot, but considering I only wrote this book for my bestfriend, this is crazy. Thanks much for all the reads and sweet little comments💖 you're what makes me smile day after day!!! love you guys!!!