14; labels 🌸

"Syd!" I yelled on the phone as soon as the call connected, "Why weren't you texting me back? I have a huge problem, like, major! Hello? Syd? You there?"

"Sorry. Y-Yeah, I'm here." She responded. I can sense something fishy when I took notice of the background noise. The loud honks and cheers from a crowd of people blared in the background.

I shrugged it off, thinking that it was just TV. There was no way she'd go out on a Saturday and watch a game without me. "Where are you? Why aren't you here yet? You're supposed to be here 20 minutes ago."

"Shit." I heard her mutter under her breath. "Vee, I'm so sorry. It totally slipped from my mind."

"It's okay." I told her, holding the phone close tommy ear as I make my way outside my room and down to the livingroom, "Just come over here and bring pizza."

"That's the thing.. I can't." Sydney's voice was drowned out by the commentator, announcing the huge point won by the opposing team.

My brows jumped and I froze on my spot in the middle of the living room. "Wait, so you're watching a live game without me? How am I not invited? Who are you with??"

The realization dawned on me so quick, my mind has already jumped to the only conclusions I could think of and then I gasped dramatically, "No. That's too fast, no. You're not on a date with Jimin."

"It's not a.. date." She said cautiously in a low voice. The noise has subsided in the background and I could her Sydney struggling with her explanation. "He insisted and he kept bugging me to go with him so I did for the sake of making him stop. Believe me, Vee. It just happened this way..

I gave out a sigh, "Fine. I believe you. We'll talk later. Have fun on your date."

I hung up on her. Why do I have to be such a bitch? Sometimes, I wonder what is wrong with me. Jimin's a nice guy actually. I should be happy my best friend is dating him and not some douche bag jock or something. I shook my head, a picture of Jungkook's annoying smirk flashed in my head.

"Definitely not him." I shook my head a few times. Just the thought of him sends goosebumps under my skin.

It's only been a three weeks since I sprained my ankle and thankfully, it's not as painful as before. I haven't been joining the practices on the advice of the doctor. Now I'm lying on my bed at home instead of being under the sun, sweating my ass of in the heat. I'm losing a lot of time. I should be practicing but, according to the doctor, my stupid sprained ankle will take another week before it fully heals.

My dad still has no idea. I felt bad about lying to him but I had to so I can keep being in the team. I almost dropped my phone flat on my face when it began to ring. A frown instantly stretched along the corners of my lips when I saw who it was. Mark Tuan.

I swiped the answer key and placed the phone beside my ear, "What do you want?"

"Can we meet somewhere and talk?" He said.

"Oh yeah sure. Let's go chit chat over tea and biscuits." I told him, hopefully, he'll notice the excessive sarcasm in my voice. "Don't you have a life, Tuan? Why does a popular idol like you be hanging around in this town?"

"Please. I just want to talk about what happened last time." He added persuasively.

"Nothing happened." I said.

"We kissed. It happened, Vee." Mark reminded. I was hoped he didn't. "I still have feelings for you. I know you feel the same."

"Okay, fine. I do." I gave up. "So what? It doesn't mean that I want to get together with you. Besides, I have someone else who I have a thing with.."