Chapter 2: Unsureness

It was time. The time for me to start a new beginning, at this very school. I had been waiting to be accepted by society and live a normal life for so long, and it was about to happen. I looked up at the entrance gates, hoping that when I walked in, the people that I saw would accept me, just like this.

Anxiously, I began walking towards the gates to the school. It honestly looked kind of creepy, like possibly the gates to a prison or maybe gates to a haunted house. I tried not to mind it, though.

Reaching for the handles, my hands shook a little bit. It's not that I was scared of the fact that it looked a little creepy, it was just the fact that I didn't know what was on the other side. Sure, I knew the gates led to the school, but what if someone was there? If I saw them and they talked to me, what was I supposed to say? It wouldn't really be bad if it was a teacher, but if it was a student, they obviously wouldn't really recognize me, and they might start asking questions, since I'm the new transfer student. I'm not really up for conversation, right now. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm all nervous and tensed up. Then again, though, either way I would probably have to talk, because I know once I walk into the classroom, the teacher will obviously have me stand in front of the class and introduce myself. I guess there wasn't really any point in trying to get out of it either way.

I opened the gate doors. 

Luckily, there was no one outside. I sighed and I continued walking towards the entrance of the school. Not just the gates, but even the school itself looked a little creepy, Everything was gray, and even outside, there was no grass, no life- Everything had such a dead vibe to it. Kind of depressing, actually. It wasn't lively at all whatsoever. However, I knew that I shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Pulling myself back together once again, I made it to the front of the door. Trying to be as calm as I could, I took both handles, and pulled on them. There was a problem; The doors wouldn't budge. Confused, I tried to open them again, but I got the same result. They wouldn't open. Suddenly, the door was opened for me by someone on the other side. 

A tall man with pale skin and black hair with glasses looked down at me as he opened the door.

"Ah, you must be the transfer student, correct?" He said in a low tone. He looked like a pretty serious person. I looked up at him nervously and tried my best to put on a normal smile, even though I wasn't very good at smiling. 

"Oh, uh, y-yes, I am." I replied while I twiddled with my thumbs, anxiously.

"Yes, very well then. Follow me, please." He  began walking away, and I quickly grabbed the door before it closed on me. I went inside and followed him down the hallway of the school, while feeling very nervous and cautious as I looked all around me while I followed him. I got an uneasy feeling when I walked into the school, for some reason. 

He led me into a room, which looked like an office. Two very tall and big men were waiting inside the room both beside the door. After I entered they shut the door behind me and I suddenly became very cautious and nervous. I was actually pretty scared.

"Wh-what? What are you doing? What's going on?" I asked as I was looking all around the room, watching out for anyone that might try to come near me. The man that had led me into the room simply chuckled at me.

"It's quite alright, don't be so cautious. We aren't going to kill you or anything. I'm sorry if we have scared you, this is merely a meeting. Our school is just very protected with high security. So please, have a seat." I hesitated for a moment, and then sat down in the chair across from the mans desk, which was where he sat after I sat down. Despite being told that, I was still very cautious of my surroundings, not moving my head but moving my eyes left and right, looking all over the place. I knew I probably needed to calm down, but my anxiety got the best of me.