Chapter 14: Patience

About an hour or so had passed. Me and Scratch continued to sit and wait on the building. It was still dark out, and I could feel myself getting more and more tired as we waited.

"Ugh......I'm getting tired...." I said quietly to myself, with half closed eyes. Scratch was sitting next to me, and watching the sky.

"Ah, it's quite pretty out, isn't it? So many stars~ I could sit here for a while more~ I hope they take their time searching for us~" Scratch said. I sighed. I began shivering a bit, due to it being cold outside.

"Eh...I-it's kinda cold....Dammit, I wish they would hurry up..." I said while holding myself, trying to warm myself up. Scratch looked over at me.

"Hm? Really? I like cold weather, it feels nice~" Scratch suddenly wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight. My eyes went wide and I blushed with shock.

"Huh? W-what are you doing...?!"

"Well, you're cold, aren't you? I'm trying to warm you up a little~" Scratch said as he held me close to him.

"W-well I can handle the cold..! I don't need it, s-so let go!" I said with an embarrassed red face. Scratch laughed.

"You really get flustered over the slightest things, don't you~?"

"S-shut up! Let go of me, I said...!"

"Oh, but why~?"

"B-because I said so...!" I struggled to get out of his grasp, but he still held me tight. After a few more seconds I eventually stopped, knowing that he wouldn't listen to me anyway. We both sat there. He laid his head on my shoulder. I felt his soft hair tickle my neck, and I shivered. 

As we sat there, I still felt myself getting more and more tired. My eyes began to close a bit more. I tried my best to keep them open, but my eyes didn't want to stay open. I eventually closed them completely, and without even noticing it, I had already fallen asleep, wrapped in Scratch's arms.

--A While Later--

I felt warm sunlight on my body. I heard the sounds of far moving cars, and the chirping of birds. Slowly, I began to open my eyes. Only to see that I was laying on top of the building, with Scratches arms wrapped around me from behind, still holding me. 

"Hm? Is he still sleeping?" I thought to myself.  I slowly turned my head around to look at him, only to see that he was actually awake, his eyes looking right at me. My face turned red and my eyes widened with shock. I quickly pulled away from him in a panic.

"S-Scratch..?!" I said loudly. Scratch sat up and grinned.

"Ah, hello. Did you sleep well?" He said while still looking at me. 

"H-how long were you awake for?!" I asked.

"Hm? Oh, I didn't sleep~"

"What? Why?!"

"Hm? Well, I decided to stay awake and keep watch in case something happened. It's dangerous sleeping outside, even if it is on top of a building. I don't sleep that often anyway."

Why was I getting the impression that this guy didn't sleep at all? It honestly wouldn't surprise me. So far, every single time that I ever thought he had been sleeping, he was secretly awake. It was pretty creepy to say in the least. But hey, that's Scratch for you.

"So....You were awake the whole time?"

"You guessed it~"

"B-but Scratch, you need sleep to, you know. That's not good for your health!" I said to him, concerned. Scratch chuckled.