Chapter 16: Who Is This Guy?

--Around Three Hours Later--

Pure silence had filled my mind. I laid on the old bed that was given to me in the small, dusty room of the school. Slowly, I began to open my eyes. I sat up, with my eyes still open only halfway. I looked around.

"Ah....I'm awake."

My room was somewhat dark. It was probably around 8:00 PM or so. "Ah...I guess I slept for a while....Probably around two or three hours.." Suddenly, out of nowhere, I heard a loud booming noise, and it somewhat shook my room. My eyes went wide.

"W-what..? What was that..?" I quickly turned and got off my bed. I noticed that my door was slightly open. As much as I wanted to go and check outside of my room and see what was happening, I was hesitated because I was a bit afraid.

"I...I am not sure if I should go out there..." I shook my head. "No, I have to...What if something happened to Scratch?" I quickly ran out my door and into the hallway. A few things in the hallway were knocked over, and people who worked in the school were running all over the place. 

"Huh..? What the hell is happening..." I ran over to one of the people in a panic to find out what was going on. "Excuse me, um...What's happening right now..?" I asked worried. The man looked at me. 

"Someone is currently attacking this school, and we are trying to stop him! But he is hard to handle....Scratch is currently outside fighting him." I paused. 

"What?! Scratch is fighting him? Alone?"

"Well, since this guy is tough and quite skilled, Scratch is the only one who may be able to stop him..." I looked at him, pissed. 

"You...You cowards! Leaving Scratch out there by himself...Whatever! I am going to help him myself!" I took the mans gun out of his hand and ran towards the exit door that led out of the school. 

"H-hey! Get back here!!" The man yelled behind me. I ignored his demands and kept running. The door was already open, so I quickly just ran outside. When I got outside, I saw Scratch standing across from some guy. It must have been the one that was attacking the school. He was wearing a bear head that looked like it belonged to an animal mascot suit, that had swirly circle eyes. He was wearing a white and navy blue striped shirt, along with a light gray jacket. He was wearing regular light blue jean pants that reached just above his ankles and he was wearing white shoes with black socks. He was a bit taller than Scratch.

I quickly ran over to Scratch in a hurry.

"Scratch!" I yelled. When I caught up to him and he noticed me, he had a surprised expression on his face.

"Paige? What are you doing here? Get back inside, it's dangerous-" I noticed that his arm was bleeding and had a big cut in it.

"No! I won't just leave you to fight by yourself! You're injured, to!" The boy standing across from Scratch turned his head to look at me, even though his eyes were covered by the bear head.

"Paige, you said? Ah, so you're Paige. This makes things easier." The boy said in an emotionless voice. I looked at him with a confused face. 

"Huh....?"

Scratch quickly stood in front of me to block me from the boy. "Paige..This guy is after you. You need to go back inside, quickly." I paused.

"W-wait, what? After me? What do you mean...?"

"This guy is here to take you."

"Wha-" I had no idea what the hell was going on, but all I knew is that I had a very bad feeling. The boy took a step closer.